GN At Barret sold for $31,900 please read

slowcar

Banned
1987 6200 mile astroroof car... like new

Here is the break down:

This comes out to about $28,000 after commision and about $27,000 give or take after transporting it... unless the owner was a local... so I would be safe to say he got about $27,000 - $28,000 for the car... now the good news is that someone paid $31,900 but paid out 12% buyer premium coming out to about $35,000 roughly... not bad... but then again a car on the street is a different sale at Barret... a lot of people buying at Barret only buy there...meaning that on the street it doesnt mean that the car will fetch $35,000....infact probably a zero chance....Barret details the cars and real collectors show up at these auctions and won't deal on the street for time reasons and trust issues...from what i have seen........ I would also say that because this car was a rare astroroof the auctioneer pushed the rarity and the car fetched a few dollars more ... ...

Looks like Barret had some good deals this year

a lot of cars selling at low prices this year.....

Correction it sold for $28,000

it was listed on the site at $31,900 ..
I just saw it on tv as sold for $28,000

this was with the premium at $31,900 the buyer paid

so actually is is around $26,000 the owner got not including transport.. are these cars going up or not?? I expected to see better numbers

Slowcar, you are a piece of work. Your buyers premium is incorrect. Barrett does not detail any cars, and the buyer did not pay $35K.

That car happens to be a members car who will remain nameless for now.

WOW, just saw that, and the Owner looked VERY UnHappy!! Based on that, and a LOT of Low mile Recent TR sales this year it's now becoming OBVIOUS that these cars Peaked LAST YEAR and, like the General Economy/Stock market/Housing values and everything else thier headed DOWN!!! It's starting to look mor and more like the "Bubbles BURSTING!!!":(

Yeah you might be right.....GNX'S are the same

a few GNX'S on ebay recently havent moved either....the 15k mile car on ebay is barely moving... last year it would of been at 60k easy now....the last one with 88k miles had a 42k top bid but the bid wasnt legit and the car is still for sale....it topped out on the real bids at 31k from what I saw....It looks like there are a lot of deals at Barrett this year and it is obvious the economy is effecting this....people are not spending their life savings anymore.... holding on to their house or their newer cars are more important....... hot cars are hot to the ones who have the coin to buy....

70MACH1 i mentioned the mistake earlier...

I am a piece of work....thanks for compliment... as a owner of a few of these cars and a very avid auto enthusiast I will say that I am usually right about certain things....I only wish the market was less volatile then it is......

The cars are not detailed?? I will see tommorow

I am going up there tommorow.....I will see it all ...... by the look of things the cars look damn detailed.... on the street not too many look that nice when shown....if Barrett doesnt detail them then the owner does... either way I am sure you can't stick a dirty car with zero detail on that frontline... hell no... Speed channel would freak....the car would get no attention.......

Still offering $15K for a GN with under 20K. Someone should jump on this quick before I change my mind:biggrin:

Still offering $15K for a GN with under 20K. Someone should jump on this quick before I change my mind:biggrin:

The way things look i bet you can find one under 10k miles in the near future for 15k. ;) The end of the world is near & These cars have had there moment in the sun. Now go cut them up, race & enjoy them. They are cars not stocks! :D

Wasn't that TwinVipers car? He was trying to sell thru a car dealer in North Carolina. He was having a hard time trying to sell it....and I think at one point he said that he would take $24k for it.

Twins car sold for $28k excluding the 8% fee

yep that was the deal and a t-top car today sold for $26k excluding %8 fee...

Wasn't that TwinVipers car? He was trying to sell thru a car dealer in North Carolina. He was having a hard time trying to sell it....and I think at one point he said that he would take $24k for it.

That was my car. Detailed by me :D

I owned it for 23500.00, so I didn't loose at all. Made a few bucks. I did not buy that car with the intensions of selling it so soon. I made out very well last year at B-J with my 13k mile 87 GN that I owned for 15k and sold for 27k. I wanted a change in the collection, so off it went. I thought it would do better, but it's all in the books now.

The market on collector cars definitely seems to be a bit off right now. We have seen it before and at some point it will come back again.

Someone I know locally locally just picked up an all original 60K T Top GN car for 9K... I couldn't believe it, but that is what I was told (by the buyer who seems pretty down to earth and honest).

Another member picked up an "in need of resto" 86 GN for $700 and has been slowly restoring it as he drives it.:rolleyes:

:cool: Alright alright...I'll consider all 87 GN's with under 30K and will still give $15K for the right car.

The one on Ebay did not sell at $31k.. look at it

it was a dope auciton.... bid shilling.....look at the bids