GN Friendly Shop in Fort Worth

lope2000

Just wondering if there is a good shop to take my car in to get it worked on. I don't want to take it to someone that doesn't know GNs. I usually go to Dallas to get stuff done but the drive and arranging for a ride is starting to suck. Any input would be great, also Arlington or any of the Mid-Cities would be o.k.

Thanks,
Jesse

There is an excellent shop just north of Ft. Worth around 35w & 820 west. Billy Duke is the guy to talk to & his # is 817-847-5144. He knows turbo Buicks & has a 9 second Grand National of his own. I always see around 10 Turbo Buicks at his shop everytime I'm over that way. He works days at a car dealership doing paint & body, but he's at his shop most evenings & weekends working on the Buicks. Great guy to deal with, give him a call, I'm sure he can help you!!!

The Darkside:cool:

Thanks, I had seen that name and number before but wasn't sure he had a shop or just like to lend a hand. Thanks again for the info.

Jesse

Or Scott Whitehorn at A&S Automotive and MotorSport, he's out by I35W and Golden Triangle on the north side of town also. He's having an open house this weekend, http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122592
I trust him with any of my cars, he's got a GN there now he's putting a 10-sec motor in. Stop by Sat if you can, directions are in the post, and have a talk with him, or call 817-431-3150.

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the tip I had a great time, but I was wondering if you knew the name of the guy in the dragster. I think I know a guy that knows him and wants to rub in his loss.

Jesse

Jesse,

Give Billy Duke a shout. We have been taking our Buick's to him for years. Billy doesnt BS ya around on what its going to take of what your goals are.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
10.79 @ 125
1987 Buick T
11.98 @ 114

Jesse - I 2nd that. Take it to Billy and be done with it. He knows Buicks and Turbos.

I live in the Mid Cities also. If there is anything I can help you with just shout.

Larry J. :D

Originally posted by lope2000
Hey Rob,

Thanks for the tip I had a great time, but I was wondering if you knew the name of the guy in the dragster. I think I know a guy that knows him and wants to rub in his loss.

Jesse
I'll find out who he is and let you know, the same guy also had a Camaro and he blew the tranny apart on the dyno earlier in the morning.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
I'll find out who he is and let you know, the same guy also had a Camaro and he blew the tranny apart on the dyno earlier in the morning.
I stand to be corrected, he is not the same guy that blew the tranny in the Camaro, Baker had told me it was or I misunderstood him. The guy with the dragster is John Cloud, Scott used to work with him.