You can type here any text you want

Gn mounts on a fbody

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fly89gta

I know Steve(TTA850) is running them but he also has an aftermarket Kmember..

I assume it's possible to run GN mounts in a fbody and use the GN poly mounts correct? Would this make the engine sit up higher? The reason I ask is because it seems to be cheaper to use GN mounts than TTA stuff.

well here's my thing....I see some people are having clearance issues with the ATR 3'' DP....some cured this problem with poly mounts. I might try the stock rubber mounts again(the ones I had that came with my motor were kinda beat) and save some money. IF that doesn't work CAN I use GN poly mounts?

BTW that thread had good info in it :)

3.8 turbo swap

hey, ive found a engine,tranny,wiring harness and ecm for a decent price, and an thinkin about a swap into a 91-92 firebird/trans am, wen you did this what did you have to do,what mounts did you use,and heads, prety much what must be done to make this work?thanks in advance.
joe
-tta #633

Re: 3.8 turbo swap

Originally posted by turbota633
hey, ive found a engine,tranny,wiring harness and ecm for a decent price, and an thinkin about a swap into a 91-92 firebird/trans am, wen you did this what did you have to do,what mounts did you use,and heads, prety much what must be done to make this work?thanks in advance.
joe
-tta #633

Son of a...thats what i am doin and I thought i was the only 91-92 doing it. :D

Here is some info I got
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105233

So hows the project coming along anyways. I haven't heard from you in a while.:)

hah, pretty good. I just came across some money so if everything goes well the project should be done by the end of the summer hopefully and I will need to start talkin to you about tuning from your gn friends. I am so excitied. I have some questions to ask you.

1. Have u heard anything about an 86-87 engine yet?
2. Looking for GN 86-87 headers

I would probably start buyin all my stuff in May since thats when the large chunk of money should be comin in. Also, if u know anyone that is looking for a truck/suv I have one for sale. I used it as my winter beater. Its a 1994 Toyota 4runner, loaded, 136,000 miles, very clean runs great. If I can sell that quickly then I can start buyin parts sooner. ;)

any way to pop a 4 or 5 speed on a gn engine? i can get one at a decent price from a friend, and another frnd has a 6cyl 5spd bird that needs a motor.

Originally posted by flyboy367
any way to pop a 4 or 5 speed on a gn engine? i can get one at a decent price from a friend, and another frnd has a 6cyl 5spd bird that needs a motor.

I think I already answered that question on TGO;):D

Originally posted by flyboy367

Not again............LOL

A 6 speed would be fun but horrible in the 1/4. The one GM did ran 16's with a bone stock engine.

Don't mean to hijack your thread Tony but.

Has anyone used the Poly Mounts from Johnsperformance.com? I just ordered a set for my 3.8 swap into my 91-92 bird.

Back