GN powerplant into mid-80s Olds?

dieselpower04

Hello all! I just wanted to preface this by saying I love the Buick GN/Regal.

When I was younger, my father and I put a 4.3L V8 (265 c.i. version of the LT1) from a '94 Caprice into an '84 Cutlass Supreme (4 door!). It was a complete sleeper. We converted it to run with a carburetor, dual-plan intake manifold, headers, Flowmaster exhaust, full Hotchkis suspension etc etc.

Sadly the car didn't hold up to all the rust it had received before I had it and I had to strip out all the mods and moved along to a new project.

So my question here is: how had would it be to have a GN/Turbo Regal powerplant in a Cutlass (4 door) and retain the factory-like use?

I have one in an 84' Hurst Olds. Pretty easy to put in as long as you have the wiring harness. You will have to add some wires to the fuse panel for injectors, fuel pump, ect. :cool:

It's easy IF you have all the bits and pieces. All the GN stuff is a bolt in, even stuff like the fuel lines.

It's been done b4 but if your not familiar with all the ins and outs of turbobuicks it can be challenging.

Guess building the engine first would be the better idea. How much power would I need to make to get a boat of a 4-door down the track in the 12s?

Not sure what kind of shape your motor's in, but if it were me I'd get it installed and running first. It's easy to drop a wad of money in an engine. Your 4 door car isn't that much heavier than a 2 door one. Besides, most of the mods you will want to make can be done with the engine in the car.

Ok cool. I don't currently have the donor car (had an '84 Cutlass) and wanted to see what kind of undertaking it would be to do such a project.

Is there a TurboBuick 101 guide for modifications?

Thanks!

A guy put a pickup truck diesel in a G-body several years ago. Also, I saw a 94-96 Impala with a turbo V6 at Nationals several years ago. Easiest choice, IMHO, would be a stock turbo V6 in a 4-door Cutlass for a perfect sleeper. Youb could probably get there with a hot air engine on E-85 if you want to be really different.
Hot Air

A guy put a pickup truck diesel in a G-body several years ago. Also, I saw a 94-96 Impala with a turbo V6 at Nationals several years ago. Easiest choice, IMHO, would be a stock turbo V6 in a 4-door Cutlass for a perfect sleeper. Youb could probably get there with a hot air engine on E-85 if you want to be really different.
Hot Air

Hot air as in non-intercooled right? That would be pretty sweet.