You can type here any text you want

GN rims question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
the set of gn rims i have on my ttype were drilled for im assuming beadlocks, they have a few little holes 4 or 6 on rear rims .. how much does it cost to do this, in case i want to sell my gn rims and do it to my ttype rims,

it costs however much it costs to buy the proper drill bit.. 5/16" i think...
but if you aren't running slicks and putting down insanely low 60 foot times, i wouldn't bother with it.

the set of gn rims i have on my ttype were drilled for im assuming beadlocks, they have a few little holes 4 or 6 on rear rims .. how much does it cost to do this, in case i want to sell my gn rims and do it to my ttype rims,

The holes were probably used for rim screws to keep the tire from slipping on the wheel. :)

A beadlock is used at a much higher level, like 8's and better, and the rim "lock" is a separate, circular, bolt on piece, which is also a rather expensive wheel modification like $800 per pair. :eek:

Tubeless tires, especially slicks and drag radials will turn on the wheel even in low 11's. When running tubes at the track, it is best to use rims screws so if the tire slips on the wheel, it will not rip out the valve stem.

and just screwing the rear will cause issues with the tire as the front can still slip the then tire will no longer track straight or launch properly
if you are spinning the tire and need to use screws do it right and do both sides and use as many screws as recommended by tire maker because 4 or 5 per side isnt good either

heres mickey thompsons take on screwing slicks to rims
- 24 screws per rim-
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=s4

Back