You can type here any text you want

GN to a GNX

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

99SSragtop

Is it worth while buying GNX parts,
the parts that made the GNX that much better over the GN or is it more cost effective to get after market items.

If you have the funds...do it. I seen the rearend parts got for several grand-turbo2-4 grand and ect.......
It's your car and your money, go for it. Wish we had the funds to do it!!!!

Alky & a TA49 will get you there a lot cheaper.

and an H&R rear bar/control arms ....and seat/frame braces

thats if you want to improve on all the areas the GNX did

You'd be getting off tremendously cheaper and you'd kick the snot out of a stock GNX.

The only thing I would really want off a GNX is the rear suspension. And of course the body trim:rolleyes:

What parts are upgraded to make the GNX what it is?

You certainly do not need to buy GNX parts $$$$$, to get you into the 12's. A few hundred bucks, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, learn/study what you have. Don't do like millions of other so-called hot rodders around the country and just start throwing parts at their car and think it's going to be fast.
You aren't going to buy a GN and just start throwing parts on it and go faster. Probably go slower. You've got to learn how to "scan" what's going on, learn what it's telling you and then carefully buy the right parts to achieve your goal.

the parts that made the GNX that much better over the GN or is it more cost effective to get after market items.

It really is a matter of opinion. Whichever route you go, it's going to cost some money.The amoun depends on how deep you want to go. You will see improvement in your car, however you may be spending money on what you don't need.
Remember, speed cost... Be smart about your choices.:D

a 500 dollar alky kit will have you blow the doors off a gnx. What's with all these recent posts about gnx cloning? People been looking at ebay and fast and the furious trailers too much:rolleyes: The GNX has already been done, let's do something else with the maserati of the trailer park:)

I don't think it's worth it. Because I'm sure true GNX parts are going for mega big bucks to collectors to keep their GNX's on the road. You could probably buy all the after market parts needed to make the car faster than a GNX for less than you'd spend on true GNX parts.

But then again as mentioned....it's your car, do as you wish. But remember it's not a bowl of cherries but a bowl of jalapenos. What you do today might burn you tomorrow. Been there done that. Shoulda woulda coulda.

I've had a GN and a GNX. The GNX is cool and all that but the performance definitely doesn’t live up to the hype. Build up your GN with aftermarket parts, you’ll be much farther ahead.

Back