You can type here any text you want

Gn & Tta Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ya, But do they have them in stock!?! Most of those places ran out out of cores years ago. They will refinish your old ones though.

TTA & GN WHEELS

turbofish38 said:
Ya, But do they have them in stock!?! Most of those places ran out out of cores years ago. They will refinish your old ones though.

I see you are a "glass half empty" guy.
They do have the item in stock.
I have dealt with them in the past.
If you took the time to read the web site information,or, call them,you would be amazed at what they actually have on hand.
They "do" refinish your wheels,if that is what you need.
Lighten up & do a little investigation before you start slamming a business you no nothing about.

I just called him I might take a set of GTA rims I have there. They restore them. As long as they are not bent and in good shape they blast the entire rim, power coat the center glossy black and polish the lip to close to chrome as they can get. Then clear it all. $180 per rim. Not to shabby considering they are only an hour away from me. I had another local guy get me a price and he wanted 225 per rim to restore them. Anyone know of someone local who might be better and cheaper? Let me know! :D If not I'll give these guys a try over the winter!

I asked him about GN rims and he seemed like he didn't even want to bother with them Said they are a pain in the butt to work with and didn't even want to buy some core GN rims I have.

Local to me. ;) http://www.transwheel.com Actually, just around the corner from my work place. I asked them a couple of years ago about the '86 - '87 GN wheels. At that time they weren't doing steel wheels, but they said they were going to be in the future. Maybe I should stop and ask again sometime...

David

JRNYMNDAVID said:
If you took the time to read the web site information,or, call them,you would be amazed at what they actually have on hand.
Lighten up & do a little investigation before you start slamming a business you no nothing about.

And I see that you are not aware of all the facts,I emailed them last yr,no rims ,but will refinish your own set if you send them to them,,
emailed them again this yr,just before this thread was started(this company I thought was my secret ace in the hole for GNX style rims)
Guess what the prices on their web site are not even close to what they quoted me,and that was to refinish "my rims" since they have none to sell.........thats the facts,have emails to prove.... :eek: :eek: glass is Fcking broke ,not half full :D

JRNYMNDAVID said:

I took the time. In fact thats all I do for a living is take the time. If there is a quick buck to made than I'm going to jump on it. Ya, I was amazed at what they had on hand. Absolutely nothing. They dont need my help in slamming, their reputation speaks for themselves.

Look @ Their Catalog Today,not A Year Ago.

BandAid said:
And I see that you are not aware of all the facts,I emailed them last yr,no rims ,but will refinish your own set if you send them to them,,
emailed them again this yr,just before this thread was started(this company I thought was my secret ace in the hole for GNX style rims)
Guess what the prices on their web site are not even close to what they quoted me,and that was to refinish "my rims" since they have none to sell.........thats the facts,have emails to prove.... :eek: :eek: glass is Fcking broke ,not half full :D

TRY CALLING THEM,PHILLY DID.
Up until now there were no services listed on this site for wheel restoration.
At least now,people have an option.If you had a bad experience with
these people,please describe,otherwise,your opinions are just that,opinions.

These people seemed nice to me on the phone. I know different businesses have e-mail but if I'm spending some money with someone I want a voice on a phone and not some e-mail that's full of holes and useless with information that might be from the guys wife sitting at home checking the e-mail for the company being bored. When it comes to a project like this e-mail is useless IMO. It's all about chatting with someone live on the phone. He said the GTA rims are becoming harder and harder to find and more and more people want them. So what does that do? Not hard to figure out.. He also said they look much better in person as it was hard to take a picture of them for the web site. For restoring a rim like this and after talking to a number of people this guy seems really good and not bad with the price. They can can fix them as well if they are bent. You guys think these GTA style rims are expensive now just wait a few more years when there are none you'll wish you paid all the money for them now. Then again I got my near perfect set for free so a 180 dollar investment for me isn't much at all :D

phillyturbosix said:
These people seemed nice to me on the phone. I know different businesses have e-mail but if I'm spending some money with someone I want a voice on a phone and not some e-mail that's full of holes and useless with information that might be from the guys wife sitting at home checking the e-mail for the company being bored. When it comes to a project like this e-mail is useless IMO. It's all about chatting with someone live on the phone. He said the GTA rims are becoming harder and harder to find and more and more people want them. So what does that do? Not hard to figure out.. He also said they look much better in person as it was hard to take a picture of them for the web site. For restoring a rim like this and after talking to a number of people this guy seems really good and not bad with the price. They can can fix them as well if they are bent. You guys think these GTA style rims are expensive now just wait a few more years when there are none you'll wish you paid all the money for them now. Then again I got my near perfect set for free so a 180 dollar investment for me isn't much at all :D

Mine are mint originals,except one w/a very small curb check,not by yours truly.
I will be purchasing one of the tta fronts.
I agree with Philly.
Some of you guys need to get off your high horse & stop being so combative!
I thought this was a friendly site @ first.I am having doubts.
That's "if the shoe fits..."

Back