GN Vandalism...This Makes My Blood Boil

Sorry to hear. Some people are just jealous of other people having stuff because they are too much of a loser to go out and work for things.

Hi Vampire. Sorry to hear that. You have a good tolerance. I would of went crazy. Especially on the vandals . If you have a problem. Take it out on the person. Never on a car , that can't hit back, just minding his own business parked in a parking lot. I never leave my car parked left alone in a parking lot unless my eyes are on it. Because of the same nonsense. People don't have no care in the world. Jealous losers out there. Even when I am driving my vehicle people like to stare and look and give thumbs up. Sometimes I have to tell them pay attention to the road, instead of worrying about a rare car on the street. I won't be happy when you rear end me. Hope you get the car all fixed up and running strong.

Thanks for saying I have good tolerance, but I really had no choice at that point. When I saw it just dangling and the dudes were long gone, what could I do? Just be calm and do the right thing, and not let it upset me (the way I'm sure they were hoping it would.)

Now if I had seen them do it, tolerance would enter nowhere into this discussion!

You're smart to park your car where you can always see it. I try to as well, but honestly I got a little lazy. My wife even told me I should move it to where I could see it from where we were sitting, but I didn't listen. Lesson learned. :oops:

I would be willing to bet that those guy frequent that bww. I would hang out on a Friday or Saturday night and see if they show up.

Its pretty sad that its now universally accepted that you don't leave your collector car parked out in public unattended. I can leave a brand new 45k SUV anywhere and not think about it but park a 20k GN or even a 5k Mustang and it attracts the vandals and theives. WTF is with that?

The vandal thing?,I'd like to know what all is going on in a persons neanderthal brain when the desire to wreck somebody else's stuff takes hold. We all know part of it is jealousy ,but there is some other deep routed drive pushing them. Its like a basic reptile pea brain impulse to cause someone grief-where by doing so they recieve pleasure-in a cowardly manner on top of it.

Its pretty sad that its now universally accepted that you don't leave your collector car parked out in public unattended. I can leave a brand new 45k SUV anywhere and not think about it but park a 20k GN or even a 5k Mustang and it attracts the vandals and theives. WTF is with that?

I love my GN, but frankly it is kind of a gangster car. Classy guys like us truly appreciate them for what they are ;) but you can't argue with the fact that they are thug magnets.

Look at all the G-bodies (especially Regals) in the lowrider community, and now with these stupid-ass donk cars or whatever they call them. Then the GN is essentially the same car but blacked out and tinted, with a legendary street racing reputation to boot...its like a gangster dream car.

Oddly these guys weren't criminal types at all. Very normal. Up until I saw my mirror dangling I thought they were really nice guys. Don't I feel stupid now... :oops:

Keep us posted. Might I suggest you do a little leg work youself and get a hold of both the mall and the restaurant and ask that they secure copies of the surveillance footage. You don't know how long they hold the tape before it gets recycled. It could be as little as 24 hours. I wouldn't want to see potentail evidence disappear. You have no idea how long before the cops follow-up on YOUR case. Just a suggestion.

Keep us posted. Might I suggest you do a little leg work youself and get a hold of both the mall and the restaurant and ask that they secure copies of the surveillance footage. You don't know how long they hold the tape before it gets recycled. It could be as little as 24 hours. I wouldn't want to see potentail evidence disappear. You have no idea how long before the cops follow-up on YOUR case. Just a suggestion.
There are some good options for you that others have posted. Some not so legal, but fun for you. :) From the cop side I'll be brutally honest, most likely very little will be done. With smaller budgets, priority on investigations will go to felony, then gross misdemeanor, then misdemeanor crimes. Of those, priority will go to crimes against person first, then crimes against property. Yours would be the lowest of those, misdemeanor property crime. It sucks, but it's the way departments are managed by the city or county & the court system. It sucks on our end (we get our cars vandalized & broken into also). I've caught a number of vandals & people breaking into cars, all got probation or very minor fines (ie no punishment). I can't even track for those type of crimes or I can be disciplined or sued. It depends tho on the department & the case load. The reason they didn't DNA swab anything is it's not a high enough of a priority. Most states barely have enough of a budget to test all DNA on felonies & maintain a DNA database.

I agree with m1tankr, the PD has higher priority cases. I will be surprised if they ever get back with you on the status of it.
The reason why it happened to you is because they were envious of you, that you have a car that they wish they had......and when alcohol is thrown in the mix, the jealousy comes right out and thus resulting in them acting stupid..... I feel you..... I live in Chicago, and there are places I don't go with my GN..... but if I do, I'm packing...being in the LEO side, you have to be carefull....sometimes guys take it personally and end up in some serious trouble.......happens with ours cars.
Everytime somebody approaches me about my car, I have one hand on my gun, and ready for what happens next....but then again that's why we have insurance.
My 0.02 cents.

Good luck Bro, hope it works out for ya!

I would have been at kill level. I HATE people that do stuff like this. I hope the bastard(s) are found and nailed to the wall. :mad:

Wow, that really sucks. I know how you feel. When I was in college in the late 80's, I was driving an 81 regal limited (which I still have). I saved as much money as I could and the summer before my senior year I worked my butt off and took what I had and re-painted it myself. It wasn't a professional job by no means, but I had spent most of my money on primer, paint and many hours involved. The third week after going back, some jack wagon pulled off one of my center caps and used it to (key) the whole distance of the passenger side. I was so pissed I wanted to drop out and get out of there. It was fixed after graduation and is tucked away safely along with my 84 GN. When I take either out, I never lose eye site. I say if someone has a problem with me, bring it to me in person. Cars can't fight back.

i know this sucks, but since the cops probably won't do anything about it you might as well just find a nice mirror off another G body (i think they are all the same except the 87 and 88 Montes) and put it in the past.. maybe try to get Buffalo Wild Wings to pay for it since it happened on their property..