GN vs Accord @ races

Originally posted by OnlyNeed6
Was at the street races last night. Saw a guy there with a GN...looked stock and well kept. Guy next to him came over to him while we were talking. The guy next to him reasoned that his new Accord was a 240 hp V6 and it would eat the GN due to the fact that FWD would make better launch than RWD and he had a 5 speed:rolleyes:

GN and the Accord and 15 or so other cars went to the local spot. Needless to say the GN ate the rice 3 for 3 by about 4-6 cars each time. Dumb rice got owned and couldnt say he was down on cylinders
:D
Very typical for a ricer. They watch "Fast and the Furious" and think their Honda with the wing runs 12's too. That is until they hit the track and get their 17 second timeslip at the booth, then reality sets in.

Originally posted by dannym
Hondas are getting pretty fast. I work for honda , but i own a gn theres a couple a guys there with 12 sec. hondas 1 is 95 civic integra motor and Jackson raicing blower the other is 87 integra turbo charge.
But WHY?? :confused: :rolleyes:

Heh, I had a 1980 Chevy Impala police package (even had "municipal" on the title). Acquired it at around 80,000 miles and finally dumped it at 130,000. Put a cam in it just for kicks to freshen it up. That thing was a friggen tank, shifted hard 1-2-3, never let me down, started in -20° weather, pulled small trees out of the ground and had been totally abused all it's life. Still ran when I junked it but leaked every fluid except washer fluid. I'd definitely get another one.

Not in the same car but my old 305 from my first IROC Is now in it's 4th car,never freshened,doesen't burn a drop of oil and starts up with 1 press of the pedal and a tap of the ignition. It has somewhere around 340,000 on it now. Although FI back then it has been carbed for the last 7 years or so..........It has never been in any shop for anything. This thing is still going even after i left a brick on the accelerator for 1/2 hour trying tokill it in the IROC(was going to a 350 anyway).

Reliablity

It goes upon the user of the vehicle. My cousin owned a Honda accord and he used to rip on it like it was stolen and that TURD used to break down all the time.

It really just depends on how you treat the auto. I had an 87 blazer with 198000 miles and it never broke down other than a water pump! But my mom drove it. One I got it I blew the engine and tranny... I've got a lead foot!

Sam

Originally posted by mygrain
Now racing a honda, that could suck.

Just ask Jacques Villeneuve of BAR! Damn Honda can't even finish a race, doesn't stay together long enough.:eek:

Originally posted by GrndNatnl
Honestly, how many times has that 280,000 mile Camaro been in the shop for something pretty serious, or had lots of serious work done in order to keep it running that many miles?

Then compare that rate to a Honda Accord or Civic with the same amount of miles. Hardly anything ever goes wrong or wears out with them. Except oil, tires, and CV shafts. Engine wise, if they're taken care of right, they last forever. Its friggin insane.

Hmm, brings back memories of the 89 Olds 88 that we had with a 3800 vin C engine with 300,000 miles on it. Stock engine and trans. Most major work ever done was a trans flush. So much for the serious work required idea. Oh yea, by the way, I had a honda, I also work on foreign stuff all the time along with domestic stuff. One thing I can tell you for sure, they all break, and when the foreign stuff does, it is going to cost you.... ask my customers. Oh, about that accord I used to have: camshaft seized up at 150,000 on the clock along with the rest of the car rusting out because of too many indiana winters.

i knew oyu had to post to this one. but like darth fiero said and another guy, they all break if you drive spirited but guess which 1 will cst a whole lot to fix?

another thing to consider is highway miles on a vehicle...if you have 300,000 miles on a vehicle and it hasn't had problems you most likely drive it like a granny or you drive it mostly on highways...

highway mileage is less hard on the car than stop and go city driving is...

Originally posted by d0n_3d
another thing to consider is highway miles on a vehicle...if you have 300,000 miles on a vehicle and it hasn't had problems you most likely drive it like a granny or you drive it mostly on highways...

guess again... both the 3800 and the honda have seen their fair share of pizza delivery and highway. the honda lost.