You can type here any text you want

GN Weight/Drag

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

samandw

Anybody have a feel for how much a GN weighs? I'm trying to do a dynosheet/quarter-mile comparision with a software simulator. My car has steel bumpers/supports, stock GN wheels and a pretty serious sound system (dual 10" in trunk). Any guesses?

Also, does anybody have any info on the frontal area and Cd for a stock GN?

--Sam

Mine with a lot of options weighs 3600#
You can drive to a truck scale a get your weighed.

The drag coefficient must be near 1.0 similar to a flat surface:eek:
Actually I have no clue and never heard this value stated for a GN. I'm sure it's not pretty.

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
Unlike a Auto Body Mechanic who goes bam...not quite, hit it harder. :D
Ohh, it gets worse then that, but one can always use a bigger hammer to get the job done.:D

When Dan was trying to figure out what angle he had to hold his peepee in order to pee over the edge of his crib (in other words a LONG LONG time ago) there was a question on the list about this very subject. I did a search in the GNTTYPE archives and came up with this.

By Andrew Sharicz.........
In thier december 1983 road test of the '84 GN, Motor Trend quoted a .44 Cd
for the regular regal body, and .41 for the GN. They also stated the actual
NASCAR regal body had a .375 Cd. The stock Monte SS is a .375 Cd, and .368
for the "Aerocoupe" I believe. Hope that answers your question!

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
I'm still trying to figure out the best angle to hold it:D

Anything less than straight up is good. Although......

Let's say you're late for work, you rush out of the house, jump in the car, drive off and only then do you remember that you didn't wash your face. Then straight up is OK. :D (Women can ignore this helpful hint.)

Back