GN weight

1984camaroz28

my friend has a 86GN trying to figure out what it weighs
He has A big block steel block alum heads in it a, turbo 400, 12bolt rear, the car is tubed, 8 point roll cage. There is no weight reduction done. How heavy should this car be

I'd guess 3700 - 3800lbs. A stock hardtop GN would weigh 3400-3500lbs.

My 84GN barely topped 3,300lbs. Only weight reduction was removing the spare and jack. With the intercooler, braces, exhaust, and stereo it's probably at stock weight.

Weighed mine yesterday at the GM Event at LVD in NY.

3605 without me but with 6 gallons of pump gas and 1/2 gallon of denatured alky. ;)

Close to the same numbers it weighed at Englishtown.

Astroroof, trunk kit, most options and braces etc. Alum. wheels.

New best time too. :D

Tell him to go to the drag strip & weigh it on the scales.
If that is NG then go to a local dump which has scales for truck weigh ins. They should be able to give him an accurate weight.

My 86 with me in it was 3560 take off the 160 for me & 3400

mine weighed 3540 w/o driver with a full tank of gas spare tire and it's a low option car. no power windows locks rear defrost power trunk t tops not that that stuff weighs that much. it did have a nice balance 55/45

My T-Top car with out spare tire and about 8 gallons of gas hit the scales at 3500.It has power everything and stock wheels.

Originally posted by 1984camaroz28
my friend has a 86GN trying to figure out what it weighs
He has A big block steel block alum heads in it a, turbo 400, 12bolt rear, the car is tubed, 8 point roll cage. There is no weight reduction done. How heavy should this car be

my brothers big block mcss with alum heads turbo 400 9" rear, alum drive shaft, gutted int, fuel cell, aluma star wheels, 16 pt cage, alum rad, small starter, no a/c or heat. 3350 w/o driver