Gn wont stay running after i just washed it????

Aus4955

Hi guys, odd thing here. I just took my gn out for a cruise got home and decided to washed the pollen off. I hate washing the car its always super clean this was the first time i washed it since i have owned it the past 3 years. Anyway i went to start it back up and it just cranks and I have to give it pedal and it runs super rich. My air fuel is running about 8.5 and I can’t keep it running. It will just stall out from too much fuel. and the Scanmaster won’t register anything it turns on and goes blank .did my ECM just take a shit????? any info would be great thanks guys

Ok so now is running fine but scanmaster says mal 51 which i think said bad chip?

If this happened only after washing the car then it sounds moisture related. If the seals around the AC box that resides on the passengers side firewall leaks, it allows water to potentially get into the car.

Pull off the kick panel where ECU sits and look for moisture. Also check under the carpet on the passenger side floor board where your feet would rest. Make sure that area is not wet. If the AC box leaks water can pool under the carpet and potentially rust your floor over time, and this leak is known for getting the ECU wet causing problems.

If this happened only after washing the car then it sounds moisture related. If the seals around the AC box that resides on the passengers side firewall leaks, it allows water to potentially get into the car.

Pull off the kick panel where ECU sits and look for moisture. Also check under the carpet on the passenger side floor board where your feet would rest. Make sure that area is not wet. If the AC box leaks water can pool under the carpet and potentially rust your floor over time, and this leak is known for getting the ECU wet causing problems.

Remove the ECM by the kickpad. Remember to disconnect the orange wire by the battery to kill the ECM power. I'm betting you're gonna see water has been getting in there.

Sounds like the ecu died. I had the exact same symptoms you're having and it was the ecu. Ran fine before, did a bunch of work on the car over the course of a month, then problems when I went to start it. Noticed the cel would light up and go right out with key on. Read the ecu does a self check and if it fails it turns the light off. Also no serial data from the ecu. New ecu fixed it.

Remove the passenger kick panel, pull the two connectors on the ECM and look inside the connector pocket. If you find moisture, green or white corrosion around any of the terminals, you have found you issue. Water will run through the engine harness at the firewall, and collect in the ECM. Also, a deteriorated seal around the C100 bulkhead at the firewall will allow water to flow into the passenger compartment. Back in the 80s, the factory layout of the engine harness was not thought out properly, and water will actually flow through the large grommet on the passenger side, and run directly into the ECM connections.