You can type here any text you want

GN1 heads and 8sec runs

• Thread starter Thread starter JCotton
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

JCotton

Ya Baby...........

I know I've posted in the lounge, but figured since so much has been posted here about the Champion GN1R heads I would like to share my experience this past summer. First, a big thank you to Tom and Bill from Champion heads for their continued developement of these awsome heads. I spent last weekend running 9.1's on friday, 5-6 passes, 9.0's on saturday, another 5-6 passes and then staying saturday nite, making another 3 passes that resulted in 2, 8 second passes!!!! Thats pretty much has been my pattern all summer long, most weekends. I've crept up on the 8's, not turning up the boost much, unless I knew I could get traction, always making sure I had a good tune before pushing anything. I finally figured out the last set of Phoenix tires I purchased in July were an old set and just would not hook, Tony G and David Wolfe both insisted I put on some MT's, I did and the rest is history. No telling how many 8 second passes I would have by now had I done that sooner. I've had this same set of heads on for over 2 years now, taking them off only once for a freshen up of my block, they have performed flawless for many, many passes, I've lost track of how many this year, no doubt, at least 50 since June, no doubt many more, but I'll keep it conservative. I am just so happy to have finally broke into the 8's. I've never predicted when it would happen, until this past weekend. I absolutely knew it was time after putting the car on the back bumper the week before at an event I raced at.

:cool: they showed up at my shop today!!!! I just finished installing on Da Pumpkin!!! They look awsome, again..... Tom and Bill are a first class operation, not only did they send them next day air, but they came with an 8 second key chain and beautiful certificate. I really feel special.......and appreciated for what we have accomplished, like Cal said, it's no easy task!!

Originally posted by JCotton
:cool: they showed up at my shop today!!!! I just finished installing on Da Pumpkin!!! They look awsome, again..... Tom and Bill are a first class operation, not only did they send them next day air, but they came with an 8 second key chain and beautiful certificate. I really feel special.......and appreciated for what we have accomplished, like Cal said, it's no easy task!!

Good stuff Jack! I really hope you can make it to the Buick Southern Nationals at Bradenton on the 28-29th of Feb......

Thanks, I plan on being at Reynolds and Bradenton if I can. As for flow-- About 8.90's with more to come....:cool:

Now I would have to say Jack is "one" lucky user.

As for service, I would expect no less from Champion to provide service to a vendor of Jacks caliber. But hey the heads are working for him so it is possible.

Back