You can type here any text you want

GN1-R Fully Ported and Stock Intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

Can a stock intake be used with GN1-R heads. Meaning can a stock intake be port matched to fully ported GN1-R heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are ported to a felpro 1200 gasket, yes the stock intake will work. If they are raised port heads, no.

if they are tall ported as mentioned , i had a set of TA ported heads that you could slide a nickle over the top of the intake into the port , the stock manifold wouldnt cover the opening
if thats what you find youll need the champion race manifold or the old BGC which the champion was patterned from
and although i dont agree with their shipping charges you can get a tall port gaskets in various thickness to help align the ports from TA performance

Thanks for the input. I'm looking to build a solid mid 10s engine. Sounds like my ported irons will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason White runs a stock ported intake with Champion aluminums. Hes running in the 8's every pass.

Champion aluminum's are one thing, but Champion aluminum R's are another. They have a much larger port. There used to be comparison pics on GNTTYPE showing the difference.

A quick clean up on a set of stock heads and a stock cam will go mid 10 easy.
Yep, but I'm rebuilding and although I will problem stick with my Champion Ported Irons, I will definitely be going with a complete roller setup. I even talked to my builder and he suggested that I stick with my ported irons or just a set of GN1 heads, if I want aluminum.

Back