GN1 's rocker alignment

You beat me to it Nesis , do you mind sharing some more info and pictures on your work - it looks good .

You beat me to it Nesis , do you mind sharing some more info and pictures on your work - it looks good .
What would you like to know more? I can take more pictures tomorrow ..
I used the old Kenne Bell lock rings, as shown in the picture.

I drilled holes ,
3 holes / head (13.5mm) and a push rod does not hit holes.
So,you've moved the side of the push rod hole 1/64" closer to the side of the intake port and this extra 1/64" clearance has allowed you to move your rockers over from where they where in your before picture to where they are in your after picture.
You say the push rods don't rub the sides of their push rod holes. Where are the pictures of the heads installed on an engine?
The more you move these rockers,the farther away the push rods are moved from their perpendicular relationship to the cam and rocker shafts.

it looks good .
What looks good? It's easy to move the rockers until their roller tips are centered over their respective valve stems. The problem is that the push rods get moved over as well. The only picture that matters is a picture of the push rods where they pass through the heads assembled on an engine. There is no picture offered for us to see this.

I have driven race season 2015 in this setup ... TA stands / TA rockers / GN1 heads/109 ... I checked the installation before installing the valve covers.
the push rod hole was just so big that the push rod does not hit ... I did not take pictures of the installation last winter, but when I opened motor this fall so the push rods had no sanding marks
and I use the same setup in the next race season 2016, the changes only to the transition SG2 016 block.

Nesis Bought my old gn1 heads, installed,machined and aligned his own ta rockers/stands for them.
No doubt setup has worked very well, good solution.
I used those heads with scorpion stud mounted crappy rockers, nesis solution works lot better push rods lines correctly.

Last edited:
Did you have to drill-enlarge the push rod holes..? can you take a picture of the line up , I see you machined new grooves for the end slip rings - what is the actual distance from the existing groove. Did you machine your own spacers..?

Did you have to drill-enlarge the push rod holes..? can you take a picture of the line up , I see you machined new grooves for the end slip rings - what is the actual distance from the existing groove. Did you machine your own spacers..?
You already have the correct shafts. He said that he enlarged the intake push rod holes from 1/2" diameter to 13.5 mm. That's an increased diameter of 1/32". You are 24 washers, 12 rockers,and 4 tubes away from getting what you want. No machining necessary. Push rods perpendicular to cam and rocker shafts. This is the correct way to fix your problem and it's available for the Buick v6. If it weren't for TA performance,this wouldn't be an option. Your push rods will ride in the centers of their push rod holes and your roller tips will be centered over their respective valve stems.

Need a new snap ring grooves because the shaft ends of the rockers are not aligned properly on the valve stem. the shaft does not stretch ..... easily ;). I bought different thicknesses of steel shims
but lockable KB washers make work easier. drilling must be done carefully that there will be holes in intake port.
The pictures show the push rods with no sanding marks.
Heads is marked with a pen which holes are drilled.
shims and KB snap rings
. WP_20151029_10_24_51_Pro.jpg WP_20151029_10_28_51_Pro.jpg WP_20151029_10_27_20_Pro.jpg WP_20151029_10_28_38_Pro.jpg WP_20151029_10_25_14_Pro.jpg WP_20151029_10_25_22_Pro.jpg

Thanks Nesis , are you happy with new grooves (location) for the snap rings. I was going to do mine at .100 and also what is the part number for the KB lockable washers..?

what is the part number for the KB lockable washers..?
They're parts used on Kenne-Bell rocker assemblies that they used to offer when they were into Buicks. They're not available any more.

Grooves is correct place (.120) with my setup and that true what Ttype6 said KB washers is not available only if you find parts wanted market place.