You can type here any text you want

gn1 vs stage 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kingots2004

i was just sitting wondering if anyone has done a comparison of a full ported gn1 and a stage 2 head.if the port jobs where dont so that both heads where actually usable and not hogged out so badly as to kill exhaust velocity which would be the better head?everything else being equal.same size engine, both with sheetmetal intakes ect.....any info on this?

I was told by a reputable engine builders on this board that unless you are building a 1400hp race motor that you are better off using GN-1 heads or similar.

so a stage 2 head is able to support much more power than a gn1 or gn1r thats fully ported.thats interesting i figured the gn1 fully race ported would be really close to a stage 2 head.whats the most power made on a gn1 head either the gn1 or gn1r?whats the most on a stage 2?anybody?

The Stage II heads flow better than anything. It is deffiantly needed when you want ALL the power. The GN1's have some advantages. Do a search on the new TA heads. LOTS of power to be had....

The valves, intake ports and exhaust ports on a stage2 set of heads is huge! i have a set my intake valves are like: 2.05" and not fully ported! bigger than a gn-1 head could fit.

I was told by a reputable engine builders on this board that unless you are building a 1400hp race motor that you are better off using GN-1 heads or similar.

Are we talking about ported or un-ported GN1s?

either-i dont think you can make 1400 with any gn-1s. In other words if you re building a 800- 1200 hp motor for the street/track gn-1s would work out better for you. stage heads are better used on a full out race car. i belive dan strezo said this.

I would agree with Dan completely. The Stage II head was way before its time. If someone were to come up with a better head, they would have to base it on the Stage II head. Not a production head.

Exhaust side velocity isn't the only thing to worry about. Intake side velocity is important too.

Back