You can type here any text you want

GN1R head/valve cover issue.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

steveX

Banned
I bought a pair of valve cover on e-bay for $300+ to use in my stage II GN1R head. I am having problem installing these valve covers. I don`t know if you guy are have the same issue. The valve covers seem to be a little narrow. when i try to install the valve spring/retaine and the 1.6 scopion roll rocker arm (on the push rod side) is cause issue. the valve spring are SBC 220LBs @1.850 install height. I can`t remember the OD (outside diameter) of the valve spring ,but i know me current valve springs are alittle bigger in OD when compare to the 130lbs spring. does the GN1 valvecover have more clearance than the one i bought e-bay?, If not, I guess i will have to do the modification myself.

www.ebay.com

item # 7984584575

thanks you.

The GN1 covers have much more clearance than those,If you go to there website youll see that the hold down bolts are equal to he outside diameter of the covers,Were yours are stepped in

Those are old school V/C. They were made for the stock heads w/T & D roller rockers. They are more narrow then the champion V/C. I may have a used set of champion V/C if your interested.
Chris

Back