GNPartsOnline SS Headers-anyone try these????

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
Im curious to see what people have to say about these headers. They are at a good price, and I was curious to know if anyone has seen them, or own them and what they think about fitment, how open they might be, and if they are prone to cracking like the factory headers. Let me know because I would like to possibly get a set before I drop the engine back in.

I read somewhere that you need to get a mini starter for these to fit, is that correct?

give them a whirl.. other people have tried them... maybe even just do a "search" on them :rolleyes: may have to do a little work BUT look at the price :biggrin:

fbod,

Is there something wrong with your stock headers? What kind of power are you looking to put out?

I ask these 2 questions, as I saw you inquired about some other headers recently also. From my understanding, the stock headers are good through a modest 600HP, probably more. I think money is much better spent on many different parts than headers. I do not think our need for immediate (at the head) exhaust flow improvement is anything like most other cars. A good downpipe and 2 1/2" duals or a 3" single shot cat back (with a test pipe if desired) is the answer to what our cars need.

JMHO

Mike

fbod,

Is there something wrong with your stock headers? What kind of power are you looking to put out?

I ask these 2 questions, as I saw you inquired about some other headers recently also. From my understanding, the stock headers are good through a modest 600HP, probably more. I think money is much better spent on many different parts than headers. I do not think our need for immediate (at the head) exhaust flow improvement is anything like most other cars. A good downpipe and 2 1/2" duals or a 3" single shot cat back (with a test pipe if desired) is the answer to what our cars need.

JMHO

Mike

Hey, Mike,

I think he's converting to the 86/87 setup (look at his sig).

A bit of advice , fbod- before you go and drop good coin on aftermarket headers, realize that the stockers have been in the 10s. Beamer's correct- spend your $$ elsewhere- use the stockers.

Dan- be nice, or it's back in the cage wit' ya!!

Agreed! Seems there's a new, younger crop of TR owners that don't seem to want to believe the information that's on the board; I'm seeing more info requests about headers, 20" rims, etc.......

I ran them all last year...

No problems, I even had them modded them for an external gate. Take the time to do the search as suggested because there is a few things u need to know---clamps, crossover, and gaskets. My car is apart right now, and I looked real close for defects or cracks and didn't find any problems. Best bang for the buck on headers in my opinion.