GNX #012 At Barrett Jackson

paint

Due to poor paint quality on the cars it is not uncommon for our cars to be re-painted......even when they were brand new!

I agree 100% If your at a collector's car auction they have a saying (to fresh) meaning if you can still smell the new paint stay away.Just a common practice.not meaning that all have had a lot of work or were just dolled up for the sale But the ones that have the work don't show up as bad until all the material dries down

Working on confirming, but friend and reliable source says, unless the world came to an end, #12 was not at Barrett Jackson. Don't know what is going on but I think WS6 will confirm this for everyone. He is longtime friend of owner of #12 since they were teens. Number 12 was purchased at Walker Bros dealership and hasn't left home to many times since.

:biggrin:

I am pretty sure you and I are thinking of the same car. Though I believe it was bought in NY state not at Walker bros. But I believe it is still in Cambridge Springs.

I am pretty sure you and I are thinking of the same car. Though I believe it was bought in NY state not at Walker bros. But I believe it is still in Cambridge Springs.

Yes it is the same car, no it was purchased at Walker Bros. Another member of this board is going to post about it. He is a very close friend of the owner and has known the car for over 20 years. They were best friends. The owner wishes to remain un-named. He is a private guy, so his wishes will be respected. The owner has several Buicks and is a friend of John Chamberlain. I also just talked to X-ray on the phone and he knows which GNX sold at Barrett Jackson, and told me. He is waiting for the gentleman at the GNX registry to post it up.

Yes it is the same car, no it was purchased at Walker Bros. Another member of this board is going to post about it. He is a very close friend of the owner and has known the car for over 20 years. They were best friends. The owner wishes to remain un-named. He is a private guy, so his wishes will be respected. The owner has several Buicks and is a friend of John Chamberlain. I also just talked to X-ray on the phone and he knows which GNX sold at Barrett Jackson, and told me. He is waiting for the gentleman at the GNX registry to post it up.

John Chamberlain is how I meant him.
The story I heard about how got the car could be wrong.
It has been along time since he himself told me.

The story I remember was that Walker Bros could not get one. He found a dealer in NY that was going to have #12. He got on the list for it. The first two on the list bowed out when the car arrived so he went to NY to get it.

That is what I remeber the owner telling me. I could be very wrong. :redface:

Any way I bet he still owns the real GNX #12

It was actually car #468 but the sticker in the window said #12.... it also looked repainted
DSC01158.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01143-1.jpg

DSC01142-1.jpg

come on ya have to read between the lines @ BJ.. RJ "owned" to them means Reggie has owned a GNX. Maybe not that particular car but some of the 547 :p

Nothing unusual about repainted GN's. What would be unusual would be one still sporting it's original paint.

The paint on my 86 went totally bad, 9 months after I drove it off the showroom floor. Of course Buick repainted it for me. That paint is just now starting to haze badly.

Nothing unusual about repainted GN's. What would be unusual would be one still sporting it's original paint.

The paint on my 86 went totally bad, 9 months after I drove it off the showroom floor. Of course Buick repainted it for me. That paint is just now starting to haze badly.

Got the original paint still on mine, although it's got some "Patina" on it... :)

The paint was notoriously bad from the factory.

Mine also

Still have the original paint on mine, even after the original owner thought the paint was ruined after birds bombed it when parked under a tree.... Just some TLC and lots of buffing....

Let me tell you what...of the Buick topic. My 62-65 Mopar forum is going nuts over some of the Max Wedge cars that went across the block. Things werent right about them either and Im begining to wonder if Barrett Jackson's popularity on TV isnt going to their head. I think they do whatever they can to send any car across the block and their research team is really blowing the big one on doing their homework. Its all about the $$$. This is one car event that EVERY car guy watches and they take full advantage.

BTW, GNX #468 was sold on eBay 6/30/07 for $69,000 by socalcars. At the time it had 5444 miles on it.