GNX 015 on Ebay

Car doesn't look very clean and the ad is terrible, but i bet it sells pretty quick.

Geoff

ghall said:
Car doesn't look very clean and the ad is terrible, but i bet it sells pretty quick.

Geoff
I am sure that the ad is terrible for a reason. Looks like a aluminum front mount intercooler or some type of radiator gaurd, also a black up pipe. That whole ad does not makes sense. Why such a cheap buy it now? I do like the extra set of factory Goodyear tires he says comes with the car. Good luck to the buyer, if it is someone on this board, let us know how it is.

gnx not all it seems

hey guys i ran an autocheck on the gnx using the vin that was on ebay and . .

Report Run Date: 03/06/2006
VIN: 1G4GJ1172HP443570 1987 Buick Regal

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
01/09/1988 LA PUENTE, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
05/15/1991 WHITTIER, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Lien Reported)
08/11/1998 CA 123,456 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION

.. thats right it says the vehicle had 123,000 miles on it in 98 . . if someone does a car fax please let me know if they get the same results . . ??

1quicksix said:

.. thats right it says the vehicle had 123,000 miles on it in 98 . . if someone does a car fax please let me know if they get the same results . . ??[/QUOTE

Well, that was quick. As someone has hit the buy it now. Too bad it is a private sale.

I was the one that hit the buy now. Carfax is clean and I'm checking into the autocheck thing now.

I believe the car to be original miles and just a mistake on the Autocheck. I own a car dealership and we get Carfax and Autocheck mistakes all the time.

This guy has owned it since 91 and the original tires are still on it. I'm havig someone in the business I know check it out for mebefore I send payment.

The extra tires,shirt,hat,book and stuff are worth a pretty penney themselves.

I'll keep you posted...

twinvipers said:
I was the one that hit the buy now. Carfax is clean and I'm checking into the autocheck thing now.

I believe the car to be original miles and just a mistake on the Autocheck. I own a car dealership and we get Carfax and Autocheck mistakes all the time.

This guy has owned it since 91 and the original tires are still on it. I'm havig someone in the business I know check it out for mebefore I send payment.

The extra tires,shirt,hat,book and stuff are worth a pretty penney themselves.

I'll keep you posted...
If the mileage is legit, then the car is a steal. I did not want to take the chance, as I am 3000 miles away from the car. And "Crazy Mike" lol, who knows, he just might need money and have no idea what his car is worth. But to put it on a buyitnow is really crazy. The tires are a great gift, they are worth 1,000.00 all day long. The 2 things that I dont like are the intercooler and black pipe and it looks to have some other stuff wired up under the hood. Though that stuff is easily changed. ( I have a original GNX intercooler if needed, big $$$ though). The other thing I dont like is the fact that he sold the GNX jacket to that car awhile ago on ebay, which tells me that he should know the prices of these cars. You really cant get hurt at that price, but I would have a pair of good eyes look the car over first before I send any $$ to Cali. Good Luck with the car....nice low number is great also.

GNX 233 said:
If the mileage is legit, then the car is a steal. I did not want to take the chance, as I am 3000 miles away from the car. And "Crazy Mike" lol, who knows, he just might need money and have no idea what his car is worth. But to put it on a buyitnow is really crazy. The tires are a great gift, they are worth 1,000.00 all day long. The 2 things that I dont like are the intercooler and black pipe and it looks to have some other stuff wired up under the hood. Though that stuff is easily changed. ( I have a original GNX intercooler if needed, big $$$ though). The other thing I dont like is the fact that he sold the GNX jacket to that car awhile ago on ebay, which tells me that he should know the prices of these cars. You really cant get hurt at that price, but I would have a pair of good eyes look the car over first before I send any $$ to Cali. Good Luck with the car....nice low number is great also.

I will let you know how it works out. Definitely looks like a mistake on the Autocheck.

Twin, you trying to corner the GNX market. Jeez, how about leaving one of the cheaper ones for us poor folk. Look out lot 353.

70Mach1 said:
Twin, you trying to corner the GNX market. Jeez, how about leaving one of the cheaper ones for us poor folk. Look out lot 353.

I bet lot 353 does well over 80K :biggrin:

what number is your Mustang ?

twinvipers said:
I bet lot 353 does well over 80K :biggrin:

what number is your Mustang ?

624.1. Did you get your consignment package from them yet?

It should be interesting to see if the GNX is ready for primetime at BJ. If it does go for that amount, I'll bet more will pop up next year and it will go in primetime, instead of early.

1quicksix said:

.. thats right it says the vehicle had 123,000 miles on it in 98 . . if someone does a car fax please let me know if they get the same results . . ??

Didnt anyone one else think it was funny that the supposed mileage in 98 was just going in numerical order from 1-6? Im sure someone just either faked that# or the mileage was actually 12,456 and they fat fingured the three in there.

twinvipers said:
I love looking at the old muscle cars, buy hate driving them. Bought a 65 Fuelie Vette last year. Total nut and bolt resto. drove it one day and sold it the next.

So I guess you can understand why I am selling the Mach.