GNX and "Ultra rare GN" on Ebay

:eek: now that cars gonna pull in some major $$$....its still brand new....im not a collector so i dont understand the purpose of keeping a car that sweet brand new for over 15yrs then just sell it....prolly paid 30-40k for it and with inflation they'll never see their original investment again....so your losing money to torture yourself not driving this car for 16yrs:confused: id rather buy a normal GN and enjoy it...but thats just me...hell i cant even afford an intercooled regal let alone a GNX
:(

I'm not feeling as bad as I thought putting 300 miles on my GN since buying it with 424.3 miles. It's a pleasure driving a brand new GN, almost like time travel.

Mine had 34k...I just hit 38k and I freaked. :) He changed the ad and eliminated the 1 of 1500.

Those guys are a short drive from my house. I may just have to go take a look at the thing since I've never seen a real one up close. Any of you guys want me to take it for a spin for ya???

:D

David

Yeah, me either. Rumor has it Kelley Buick in Fort Wayne sold 2 but I don't know if that is true or if they are still in the area.

David

my opinion is.

why buy a car like this and not drive it, i bought mine 2 1/2 yrs ago with 36k on it, it just hit 41k 3 days ago, put 2.6k driving it home from Kansas to California, :) i enjoy driving this thing, that is the whole idea of owning one of these cars isn't it.

If i had the money the GNX would be my daily driver just to piss off the people who treat them like giant model cars. Cars have all the parts they do for a reason......to drive.

amen..

If i had the money the GNX would be my daily driver just to piss off the people who treat them like giant model cars. Cars have all the parts they do for a reason......to drive.

AMENNNN.

Actually there WAS a GNX daily driver in the old cold north a few years ago. One of the GNTTYPE listers posted a lady driving it IN THE SNOW and when he approached her about it she said "I know what it is, leave me alone, it's my car!" or something like that. Car's probably destroyed by now. :(

yea that thing is real nice. did anyone notice the T/A in the background? looks like a turbo

i personally think the GNX is the greatest car creation of all time...it's just so unique...i would definitely drive mine daily in good weather only...you only live once guys...i say enjoy it while you can...you can always fix things or rebuild things later on if you are so worried about it...and who cares about value...it's not like they are worth (in dr. evil voice) 1 million dollars or anything...most GNX's are selling today at the same price they did when they first came out...one day when i get the money i am gonna buy a GNX and enjoy the thing

I may be outta line here, but I feel sorry for whoever buys that GNX. It will be the biggest POS after someone drives it for 100 miles. It will start leaking like crazy, start breaking parts, toasting wheel bearings, etc etc.......... Its a trailor queen. Youd have to go through the entire drivetrain to be able to drive it without the fear of the thing failing on you. Ive never understood people that never start, let alone drive a vehicle. I laugh when I see people at car shows pushing their pristine car into their trailers. HOW do you get any enjoyment out of it? Seriously.

Im 22, (be 23 Monday), and I can remember when my dad bought his 66 Mustang GT, K-code car after it sat for 15 yrs. I was 13 or so, and he drove it for a year, then everything went to ****. It started leaking every fluid imaginable. He did a complete mechanical resto on it, and started taking to to Mustang shows. Hed score 94-97 everytime in Concours "Street Driven" classes. Well, leaving a show, there was another guy pushing his K-code car into the trailer, and my dad jokingly said, "how many horsepower is that?" The guy went off......as Im sitting in the passenger seat of my dads Mustang, leaving the show. The guy says something to the tune of, "yeah yeah, my car will kick your cars ass in a show any day, because its perfect, and your ruining your car by driving it." My dad laughed and said, "the only reason your car wins shows is because people see ME driving my Mustang around town, and remember the cars." The guy kinda got mad at that, and said something about my dads car. (I cant remember)......but my dad proceeded to rev the lil 289 up to about 4-5 grand and dump the clutch, smoking the tires all the way up the parking lot. He then backed up (guy still standing there), and he said to the guy, "can your trailer queen do that? I didnt think so. I use my car for what its meant for, to drive and enjoy." Ill never forget that, thats why I drive my Buicks. Granted my GN only sees 3-5000 miles a year, but I still drive it. Im not afraid of rock chips. The T-type gets 300+ a week as my daily...............gotta ENJOY EM GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post..........haha

I gotta give the guys who buy these cars and let them sit there a lot of credit for having the will power to be able to do it. I have trouble not driving mine every day.

I see what people mean about trailer queens. It doesn't seem like much fun at all. But, it isn't that bad of an investment if you keep it the right amount of time. for those guys who bought when they were new and probably paid $40K or so for the GNX's they aren't getting that great of return. But, for the guy who buys is now and keeps it another 15 years he will be the one making the money as long as he doesn't drive it. A low mile GNX will probably go for over $100K at the Barrett-Jackson auction in 15 years.

We may not make huge returns on these cars if we sell but think about how many cars that were sold in the 80's are worth as much as they were new or more depending on the miles on the car now. I just bought mine a few weeks ago with 10K miles on it and I paid more than the sticker price for the car when new. Corvettes won't even do that for you.

These cars are just amazing all around if you ask me, whether it is a GNX or a GN. If people want to not drive their cars that is there business. Personally, I am happy some people don't. I wanted a low mile car and if everyone drove them when they bought them new I wouldn't have my 10K mile car right now. Yes, they may leak or whatever but you just change the gaskets and stuff. If the car had 100K miles on it the gaskets would have been changed by now anyway.

I really hope my next car is a GNX but with over 10K miles on it so i can drive it and afford it.

Originally posted by turboscott
I gotta give the guys who buy these cars and let them sit there a lot of credit for having the will power to be able to do it.
Kind of like having Pamela Anderson Lee for a wife and refraining from having sex with her because you don't want to wear her out.You only live once,DRIVERRR.:D

Originally posted by 2NASSTYBUICKS
Kind of like having Pamela Anderson Lee for a wife and refraining from having sex with her because you don't want to wear her out.You only live once,DRIVERRR.:D

Well put! Hey, if you buy your 45 mile car, or 10K mile car, and replace the gaskets, then it wont be original! Thatll hurt value right? In my opinion, a car is a bad investment to begin with, so go out there and drive the wheels off of it. When it breaks, fix it and continue driving it and enjoying it. Theres nothing better to me than going out in one of my TR's and hammering the throttle down........and having people giving me the thumbs up, or "nice car" around town. Its a great feeling. What kind of feeling do you get from walking into your garage, afraid to take this low mile car out from under the cover, let alone starting it? No thanks! As my father says.......... "a car is kind of like your d**k, you either use it, or you lose it." But I do like the Pamela Anderson comment, lol.