GNX and "Ultra rare GN" on Ebay

Well, my take on all this is one of individuality. Some like their TR's modified, some stock. It's pretty rare nowadays to see a stock/unmolested Grand National let alone a pristine very low mileage example. I get a lot of thumbs-up and compliments on my GN and I appreciate them all. But the look of absolute ASTONISHMENT is priceless when they see the odometer. Nice GNs are hard to come by today let alone one with just a few miles on it. I appreciate the rarity of what I own not only for what it is, but what it is within the GN community - ultra rare and valuable.

Just to clear up what I said. I DO intend to drive my car. I also intend to wax the crap out of it and keep it spotless. But, because someone didn't drive my car a lot in the past gives me the chance to do that with a low mile car. I wanted a GN in 87 when they were new but I was 14 yrs old so I couldn't get one. Now I can and that is what I chose to spend the money on. I will drive it when and if the winter EVER ENDS up here in NEW ENGLAND. For now, it sits in my garage under cover. but for all the people that have seen it, the feeling when I pull the cover off and the comments they give when they see the mint paint is worth every penny to me. I also got a lot of people on the highway turning heads as I drove by the one nice day we had that I could take it out.

I don't plan to take it to the track or anything but I will enjoy it in my own way just as everyone else should.

I can understand how some people don't want to drive a rare car for fear of putting miles on it? or crashing it perhaps, but like everyone else has said, cars were built to be driven not stored away. My dad's put just over 6000 miles on his 67 firebird since 1976. I just don't understand that, that's why i bought a beater GN to DRIVE.

GNX

I looked at that GNX a few months ago when I was looking for a TTA. I was interested in the TTA he has (the one sitting next to the GNX). Anyway, the GNX is in mint condition but I don't think it was stored properly. He told me his asking price was $60k and not a penny less. Since I was there to buy the TTA, I didn't really concern myself the GNX.

In the end I didn't buy his TTA (which had something like 7000 miles) because it was very abused and in poor condition.

I'm all for driving Turbo Regals and will drive mine on occasion, but they don't make these marvels anymore. In a sense they're like dinosaurs, once they're gone-they're gone. Can you imagine seeing a pristine Hemi-Cuda today with 2,000 miles. Not restored, but totally original with all original decals and lables. Talk about rare and breathtaking. Without people storing pristine examples of these Buick milestones no one will ever see an all original one with their own eyes. Instead they'd only have photographs and dad's stories. Even GM doesn't have original examples of rare cars they produced but have restored versions.

I may be inflating the image of these cars to some people but I'm a GN enthusiast to the core. I love to see GN's modified and run 11's and 12's at the track then drive home, and I enjoy unmolested versions. The latter GN is much rarer and more desirable to me.

I love the Turbo Regal and have my GN for it's menacing looks, comfortable ride, sporty interior, impressive performance package and relative rarity (and even rarer being ultra low mileage). Enjoy your TR as you will...

I'd rather see a prefectly restored car than a mint original. Alot of times, Mopar especially, 60's & 70's cars weren't perefect from the factory. Cars would show overspray, orange peel, etc.... Perfectly restored cars, when done right, are usally better than when they rolled off the assembly line.

I have an idea!

Send me the $44,000, I'll send you a picture of a GNX to look at. I'll invest the money for you :D You can save all that money and time storing and maintaning the car, and you can look at the picture anytime you want without leaving your home :cool:

Me, I'll be in Tahiti looking for the best way to invest your money, or, running for political office. Thats how politicians use other people's money isn't it ;)