GNX Concept

Speculations....

:rolleyes: I am out of here, I see we now have a panel of experts on site. If you read the article it say"experts speculate" , well that has to be gospel then:confused:
by the way, didn't mean to offend anyone "senior" that drives performance Buicks, just mean it is not the norm.:D

On the car side, Lutz ordered GM designers to take another stab at creating the next-generation Regal and LeSabre. Lutz has said he was disappointed with the initial design work on both cars.
From: http://detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0204/16/a01-466694.htm

While I'm not purporting to be an 'industry expert', I do keep up with the current events. I've never seen any indication that the Regal was on the way out. It could be, as you say, but it's a big secret if it is.

Here's another quip about Lutz ordering a Regal redesign, FWIW: http://detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0206/22/autos-521094.htm

Re: Speculations....

Originally posted by Spoolin Around
:rolleyes: I am out of here, I see we now have a panel of experts on site. If you read the article it say"experts speculate" , well that has to be gospel then:confused:
by the way, didn't mean to offend anyone "senior" that drives performance Buicks, just mean it is not the norm.:D

And you've offered so much indisputible proof yourself:rolleyes:
Just because a plant is cutting back means nothing. The current model Regal has been a goos seller from day one

OK, I guess we wil ljust wait and see what happens. I hope they don't drop the Regal myself, I was just relaying information delivered by a reputable source. The new Regal if made, should be an all wheel drive, supercharged/intercooled driveline with a stronger tranny. Offer a 2 door model and have performance options available if consumer wants. I like the dual exhaust and ram air hood on the concept. The spoiler sucks....

Originally posted by Spoolin Around
OK, I guess we wil ljust wait and see what happens. I hope they don't drop the Regal myself, I was just relaying information delivered by a reputable source. The new Regal if made, should be an all wheel drive, supercharged/intercooled driveline with a stronger tranny. Offer a 2 door model and have performance options available if consumer wants. I like the dual exhaust and ram air hood on the concept. The spoiler sucks....

I agree, though it would be a big step for Buick to make an AWD

The Regal GNX concept is nice, but not worthy of the GNX name IMO.

I think GM would be very wise to produce it, but keep the GNX name for a midsize RWD, turbocharged coupe.

Autoweek has twice reported that GM is toying with the idea of producing a turbocharged GNX to commemorate Buick's 100th birthday, but it doesn't sound like it is high on anyone's to-do list at GM.

Very sad.

Buick could use a real image boosting car right now.