GNX Concept

BuickPower3800

Turbo Buick's Rock!!
Has anyone seen the new GNX concept?? Why doesn't Buick produce it?? They would be crazy not to. Its time to unleash the Black Plague once again!!

Yeah, I saw it. HOT HOT HOT. Buick/GM need to do something especially, with the new marauder out.:mad:

1. make it a two door
2. make it RWD
3. make it very tweakable just like the old GNs

then i would buy it...but still 300 horse and 300 torque is not bad for a fwd family car

where is it ?

where is this thing ? is there pictures of it somewhere ? tell me more this sounds great !

Remember!

:p Before anyone gets out of hand on this concept, it is dead.......GM is going to drop the entire Regal nameplate come 2004 with the introduction of the new Grand Prix, based on the european holden platform. I seen it at Bowling green this year and it looked great. Black with silver on the bottom, custom rear center exit exhaust, different spoiler package, induction hood, Baer brakes and suspension work. Interior was nothing special. For all those who bash fwd cars and the GNX re-incarnation, remember that the GSX guys thought the same of the GNX when it was introduced. Get over it, rwd cars are a thing of the past, bring on the AWD concept.......

If they are dropping the Regal why was someone showing pics of a new design for the Regal in 2004 or 2005

they are not dropping the regal...in fact have you guys seen that twin turbo 6 in the concept trailblazers making 400 horsepower? rumor has it that buick is gonna adopt that engine and put it in their regal gs and possibly call it a grand national package...wouldn't that be sweet???

oh this one
PicFetch

PicFetch

Dream on boys....

You can think what you want but yes they ARE dropping the Regal line, personally I don't care if you believe me or not, but don't save your money for one. I live in Ontario, Canada
where they build the Regals and have many friends that work there. GM is not selling
enough of the GS versions to keep the bean counters happy. Therefore they are not
about to sink anymore money into the R&D of it. The plant has been shut down 4 months this year because of lack of demand. Buick feels that Regal is an old nameplate and does not fit into the vision 2005 platform they are building to. You will see the Pontiac Grand Prix model line expand and offer more choices, they have allready begun expanding and retooling
the plant for the Pontiacs. Heck GM killed the Oldsmobile name for the same reason, I
guess Buick is next. All GM cares about is $$ botom line, period. I guess my 98 GS will be a collectors ediion soon, considering it only has 20 000 miles on it!! :eek:

Maybe they are just shifting production to the vacated Olds factories? Might be cheaper. The jetta went to Mexico and dropped its asking price by 20%(quality too)

Arent car sales are off across the board this year, 0% finacning anyone?

How can buick feel Regal is an old name plate? Buick caters (for better or worse) to older folks, whats the average age of a buick owner, 75? The huge baby boomer market will kick in soon enough.

my 6 cents

:p

Depends on what Buick you drive! I personally have never seen a 75 year old drive a GN, GSX, Wildcat, new GS supercharged....
As for shifting production to the USA, no thanks, we will keep our people working and building quality cars!:D Next time you think of Oshawa, remember it is where GM was born, Coronel Sam and Buick. Also it is where the full size truck is built, Monte Carlo, Regal, Century, Impalla and other specialty concepts. Just my O2.:eek:

Re: Dream on boys....

Originally posted by Spoolin Around
You can think what you want but yes they ARE dropping the Regal line, personally I don't care if you believe me or not, but don't save your money for one... You will see the Pontiac Grand Prix model line expand and offer more choices, ...
You may have that completely backwards according to this.

Buick does not plan to drop the Regal name plate anytime soon, but it will be re-designed for the 2004 model year.