GNX Fender Flairs - Question

eric roozen

I recently purchased a GNX. Was told car was painted in early 90s from GM recall due to clear coat issues. Very unhappy with quality of paint job which was done at GM dealer. Had question about the fender flair gasket/fender welting. Were these painted originally? And if I was going to get the car painted, would I want to use the originals or would I want to buy aftermarket fender welting that do not come with adhesive backing? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much.:confused: Does anyone know the part number for original GNX turbo?

Congrats on your recent purchase!

The fender flair welting was not originally painted. Are yours painted? Perhaps they did not remove the flairs when the car was repainted.

The GNXs never had clear coat paint but they did suffer from poor paint like many of the GNs...

The Part Number for the GNX Turbo is: 12332909

Kirban sells the weltings aftermarket

You need to be aware that Kirbans have a grainy texture and the originals are smooth. Also, the originals are extrunded in the shape of a P and all the aftermaket ones I've seen are in the shape of a Q.

No they did not, but we rubbed out every vehicle before leaving the plant….the paint jobs from the paint was not the best …..