You can type here any text you want

GNX fender vent re-install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LC2 ROD

The original LC2 ROD
Im getting ready to re-install the fender vents after the new paint, and I remember what a fit I had when removing them.
Anybody have some install tips, I had a hard time getting my hands in a place to remove the finger nuts from the bracket and I dont want to damage the vents or the paint during the install.
Just looking for any heads up, maybe X ray could tell me how they did it at ASC ( probably when the fender was cut up)
Thank you for any info.

This is the process for removing and to reassemble, hope this helps if not send me a PM and I will give you a call.

Ok….you take out the screws that hold the inner duct and ring ….but you need to hold on to the duct so it wont fall …it has a hole in it to grab …do not remove the duct set it on the wheelhouse. In-between the fender and the inner fender.
Remove the Louver retainer bracket (The original nuts are stainless so if you drop them a magnet will not help.) and also place it on the wheel well.
Remove the Louver.
Reinstall.
Place the louver on the vehicle
Grab the retainer bracket on the wheel well and mount it to the Louver.
If the retainer bracket is not on the wheel well you will need to slide it in the louver opening and set it on the wheel well before you place the louver in position.
Attach the retainer nuts.
Reinstall the duct and screws.

The best was to tighten the nuts is screw them on from the inside and use the alien wrench to hold the screw when you tighter them. Yes it helps if you have small hands. :biggrin:

This is the process for removing and to reassemble, hope this helps if not send me a PM and I will give you a call.

Ok….you take out the screws that hold the inner duct and ring ….but you need to hold on to the duct so it wont fall …it has a hole in it to grab …do not remove the duct set it on the wheelhouse. In-between the fender and the inner fender.
Remove the Louver retainer bracket (The original nuts are stainless so if you drop them a magnet will not help.) and also place it on the wheel well.
Remove the Louver.
Reinstall.
Place the louver on the vehicle
Grab the retainer bracket on the wheel well and mount it to the Louver.
If the retainer bracket is not on the wheel well you will need to slide it in the louver opening and set it on the wheel well before you place the louver in position.
Attach the retainer nuts.
Reinstall the duct and screws.

The best was to tighten the nuts is screw them on from the inside and use the alien wrench to hold the screw when you tighter them. Yes it helps if you have small hands. :biggrin:

Thanks for the info X Ray, I may have to hire an L P to install these.:eek::biggrin:

You know what they say, small hands, easy vent install.

Back