You can type here any text you want

GNX gauges fogging up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnx232

My dad called me this morning and told me that his fuel and temp gauges are fogging up (both lower right in the dash) only when he drives his car. He assumed he had a slight heater core leak. We pulled the heater core and it looks fine but he is taking it now to have it pressure checked. I just wanted to know if any other GNX owners have experienced the same issue and what the cause was. I appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Ed

The heater core is most likely good...this is an inherent problem with the old SW gage used in the vehicle..... they will fog up...

Thanks, I wish he would have called me before he started taking it apart. This is the first thing that has been apart. Dad is 72 now. This truly is my father's Buick! The hoses were a bear to get off (that's why he called). I think they are still good but do you know if there is a source for NOS Buick hoses? Thanks!

I don’t know if NOS hoses are still available...but because you already have it apart I would put in a new heater core anyway....but keep all the original parts even the old hoses.....

I've only had the gas gauge fog up...none of the others. This has been a persistant problem since I got the car in 1990.

Thanks alot, guys. Looks like I need to go to the GNX registry and get his car registered!

Ed

foggy gauges

Mine did it too #375. It is caused by a hole drilled in the heater core housing for a cable to go thru. Hot meets colder and fogs up. Take a look up under the dash and you will see ......

fogging

On the old hood tachs GM used to have a nipple with a hose running to the heater box- dont know if you wanna do that on a gnx...:eek:

Back