You can type here any text you want

GNX in Honolulu!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Antbankstwo3

I was just at stop light near the airport in Honolulu with a GNX stopped a few cars up. I wish I couldve snapped a photo but I was turning the opposite way when I started moving. Looked super clean! Supposedly, it's GNX #018. If the owner should read this, Nice Ride!

If a somewhat older guy was driving... rumor I heard is that he has both a GN and GNX parked side by side in his daughter's garage. Supposedly lives up Nanakuli area.

Have you found the car cruises yet? Every Sat night in the Wendy's lot in Kapolei and Friday nights at Manana McDonald's.

At the Wendy's spot you'll see lots of "old timers" who know just about every hot car on the island... including the 9-sec Hello Kitty sand-rail thing :)

If a somewhat older guy was driving... rumor I heard is that he has both a GN and GNX parked side by side in his daughter's garage. Supposedly lives up Nanakuli area.

Have you found the car cruises yet? Every Sat night in the Wendy's lot in Kapolei and Friday nights at Manana McDonald's.

At the Wendy's spot you'll see lots of "old timers" who know just about every hot car on the island... including the 9-sec Hello Kitty sand-rail thing :)

Yep! I know exactly where they meet up. I've been there a few times - Just passing by. I live on the other side of town tho, so for me to go, I have to fight the rush hour traffic, which is horrendous. I've seen a few GN's here. People used to stop me & talk all the time when I had mine.

Your right the "old timers" know all the car guys here on island. Love hearing all the stories.

Are you from here or know people here on island?

I will be there mid-November. Not bringing a Buick unfortunately. :(

Oh yeah! You are moving here right? Honestly, I wouldn't bring it here either. Unless you have a garage or a place to store it. Definitely a weekend cruiser here. The roads are bad in many areas, parking everywhere sucks & they are always doing construction all the time, I had a somewhat hard time with mine here. Still fun to drive it here regardless, but it got hit twice while it was parked. Nothing major but still. Luckily, a note was left the first time. 2nd time was just on the rear bumper impact strip.

Yep, should be there mid-November. I am currently not a Buick owner due to my move to HI. Sold the roller I was working on building but kept my stage 2 engine, th400 trans, and a ton of other parts to build one later. Those parts are stashed at my folks house. I have a Jeep Wrangler to play with now; figured HI was the perfect place for one!

We will have to keep in touch and meet up once we get there.

Take care brother!

James

Yep! I know exactly where they meet up. I've been there a few times - Just passing by. I live on the other side of town tho, so for me to go, I have to fight the rush hour traffic, which is horrendous. I've seen a few GN's here. People used to stop me & talk all the time when I had mine.

Your right the "old timers" know all the car guys here on island. Love hearing all the stories.

Are you from here or know people here on island?

Just missed ya! We completed a move back to the mainland... to warm and balmy NH. *Dang- need to update my profile* Lived a lot of places on the island but never on the windward side. Sold our condo of 15 years this March :(

On my next visit, I'll let ya know I'm inbound!

Back