GNX recreation on eBay

XRated

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Hello all,

I'd like to know how he managed to "recreate" (I guess this is the new PC term for clone) an X so well. I thought for sure the hard parts like the trunk sticker, emissions sticker, ASC sticker and cowl tag would make it prohibitive to clone, I mean recreate one.

eBay clone

I'll bet the owner of the real 428 is a little unhappy.

The car looks very cool but its bringing more money than i think its worth with 9 days left....

Its still a clone..... If you read carefully, it says that there is only 2100 miles on the motor rebuild, but the top of the page says the mileage is 2100.....
I wonder what the true mileage is..... :confused:

vette0912 said:
The car looks very cool but its bringing more money than i think its worth with 9 days left....

Its still a clone..... If you read carefully, it says that there is only 2100 miles on the motor rebuild, but the top of the page says the mileage is 2100.....
I wonder what the true mileage is..... :confused:
He has not replied yet to that question about miles of car. The GNX number plate is a replacement, as the X is a little thicker than the originals. The rear end cover is a aftermarket one, as it does not have the code number on the lower right side. I have seen all the other items for sale: emissions sticker/ASC sticker but never the data plate stamped ASC.
The owner of the clone GNX...I mean recreation, replied to the mileage question. He states that the title says "exempt" for miles, so he does not know. The car does look very nice in the pictures, and is a cheap way to get into a look a like. A regular GN would sell for at least 15,000.00 in that condition, and all the GNX parts that he put on are worth at least 5,000-10,000.

I wonder how he got all the parts. The turbo shield's i've seen go for 2,000 bucks before. I wonder how he got all the parts to make it VERY close recreation of the GNX. The suspension isnt no secert, but some of the stuff must be.

-Adam

Most of that stuff you can remake. The more a car is worth the more the reproduced parts show up. I've seen 2 different reproductions of the GNX shield to date. The stickers are the easy part. Those stickers they used back then are easy and cheap to reproduce in today's technology that's for sure.. I asked him a few questions on it. Seems he's fishing and wants someone to offer him 50K and he'll pull it. He also could not tell me the miles on the car. Was just looking to see what number I would toss at him. The funny thing about that car is it sure as hell would fool many judges and people at car shows! :D There is so many investors out there trying to stash away a GNX in their garages that I'm sure it will sell for some crazy number if he don't pull it and sell it on the side like he is trying to do anyhow..

jurassic five 7 said:
I wonder how he got all the parts. The turbo shield's i've seen go for 2,000 bucks before. I wonder how he got all the parts to make it VERY close recreation of the GNX. The suspension isnt no secert, but some of the stuff must be.

-Adam
There is a GNX turbo shield on EBay now, brand new reproduction that is a perfect match. The shields are now discontinued, both the repro and the originals. Ebay item number: 8036875804

I bought two of Joe Harrington's repop shields two or three years ago for around $250. I cut them so I could use a TH downpipe. The price was very fair considering the amount of work that went into them.

I did the clone that was on ebay last month for a customer .. I found all original GNX parts :eek: :p just costs a little $$$ :biggrin:

XRated said:
Hello all,

I'd like to know how he managed to "recreate" (I guess this is the new PC term for clone) an X so well. I thought for sure the hard parts like the trunk sticker, emissions sticker, ASC sticker and cowl tag would make it prohibitive to clone, I mean recreate one.

eBay clone

"Re-create" my left nut!!!! Do you call a woman with breast implants a "recreation" or "clone"? NO! It's FAKE!!!! Damn these PC idiots. :mad:

8t7gn said:
"Re-create" my left nut!!!! Do you call a woman with breast implants a "recreation" or "clone"? NO! It's FAKE!!!! Damn these PC idiots. :mad:
YES!!! They all should be called FAKES and should not be able to have GNX stamped into the data trim tag(as that is illegal in NY to alter any tag on a vehicle).

XRated said:
I bought two of Joe Harrington's repop shields two or three years ago for around $250. I cut them so I could use a TH downpipe. The price was very fair considering the amount of work that went into them.

Do you have any other pics of your car other than the ones on your site? It looks great with the drop and Budniks.

I have a feeling due to the recent spike in GNX values ALOT of cars like this one are going to start popping up. It is pretty amazing that whoever did this car used that much attention to GNX only details.

Any way you look at it...Clone....Repro...Fake...exc...Whoever buys it will get the GNX look as well as what the GNX rear end has to offer!

my85grandnation said:
Somones already beat you to that. Ive seen a few clones that have that as the dash plate#

I guess 548 would indicate a clone of a clone...hahaha

XRated said:
Hello all,

eBay clone

WOW, its at 24,100.00 already. It has a repro rear end cover, non original turbo, no ceramic coated up pipe, repro flares, repro fender vents, no tranny shift kit. And they describe that it is the same as a original ASC built GNX???

"Re-create" my left nut!!!! Do you call a woman with breast implants a "recreation" or "clone"? NO! It's FAKE!!!! Damn these PC idiots.

I agree completley, its a Fake!! I don't know why any one would pay moore
for a Fake than a nice original car, :confused: But they will get less back in the long with the FAKE :p

If you have to do it 548 is a good idea..

GNX fakes as some of you call them

Dont know why some of you guys are getting so bent out of shape about the GNX clone subject ("FAKES" to make some happy) Call them what you will but In the long run all they do is bring more attention to what a GNX is. All that most people will ever see anyways is a clone because majority of the real ones have been turned into garage furniture never to see the light of day again :(

Nothing wrong with a clone as long as you dont claim its the real thing when someone asks or when your selling.

And for all the guys that hate clones so much let me just ask this:
Would you tell a guy with a Shelby Cobra replica that his car is a P.O.S. because its fiberglass and not real :confused:

Dont know about you but I've never seen a real Cobra! but know about them because of the FAKES

Feel free to give me all the crap you want for the GNX 548 next to my name because I am working on making another clone :D