You can type here any text you want

Gnx Stolen Oakland Ca.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastlikeanascar

Its never fast enough !!
Got a call today that A Gnx was stolen In Oakland, Ca... According to the guy I talked to it was his neighbors car & had been sitting while the guy was serving some time.... The Guy apparently did not know the worth of the car, as it was sitting outside..

It is rumored to be on the black market for as low as $3500 .. Car was stolen last week !!!

I know the owner of the car and it was a low mileage car. The owner has owned the car for over 15 years. I also believe I know of the thieves that stole it. Anyways the good news is the car was recovered in a city 150 miles away....bad news is the fools spray painted the car with primer in an idiotic attempt to disguise a GNX! I felt sick to my stomach when I found out his car had been stolen. The fools that stole this car are very lucky he recovered his car in this manner, he told me the cops wouldnt release any info as to who they had in custody.......

I say a few of you nor-cal guys should find out who he is and beat the crap out of him and spray him with primer!!!!!:mad: What an insult to the TR community!!!!:mad:

Hopefully some of the irreplaceable parts were ok, i guess it can always get a repaint.

Yeah, sitting outside in his moms driveway:redface: Fortunatley for him its just another one of his many nice toys. I'm going to go take a look at the car when he brings it home and I'll post up about the condition the car was left in. To my understanding the car is still complete but they just ruined the paint. It may be a while because he owns/operates a trucking company and is always on the road.

a gnx sitting outside:confused:
Coincidently One of the GNX's 424 # that I owned briefly & was sold to to a buyer in Oakland who lived in an apartment with an open carport was stolen. The car came with a theft switch & didn't think to set it. Then he came on here crying about it, Wanted me to find him another ,I suggested either a Volvo or a Saab would be better suited for his situation

Coincidently One of the GNX's 424 # that I owned briefly & was sold to to a buyer in Oakland who lived in an apartment with an open carport was stolen. The car came with a theft switch & didn't think to set it. Then he came on here crying about it, Wanted me to find him another ,I suggested either a Volvo or a Saab would be better suited for his situation

Really? How long ago? I personally know of 5 GNX owners here locally in Oakland. 2 stolen...1 modded to ****....one unmolested well kept and #381 which was stolen and recovered as discussed in this thread.

Well in the meantime, better get a case of beer and a BIG can of wd40. That's what we did with my teacher's truck when it got sprayed in high school. They even got the fricken wheels:rolleyes: . Came out ok though. Wonder if he ever got around to putting some wax on it:confused:

Really? How long ago? I personally know of 5 GNX owners here locally in Oakland. 2 stolen...1 modded to ****....one unmolested well kept and #381 which was stolen and recovered as discussed in this thread.
#424 was well modded & pristine, Lot invested in it by previous owner.I wonder if it's somewhere in storage still intact or with switched ID. I think even a thief would be hard pressed to destroy that rare & nice of a car. This was about seven years ago & had about 21,000 miles on it. I have a feeling that someday,
somewhere it will turn up.

#424 was well modded & pristine, Lot invested in it by previous owner.I wonder if it's somewhere in storage still intact or with switched ID. I think even a thief would be hard pressed to destroy that rare & nice of a car. This was about seven years ago & had about 21,000 miles on it. I have a feeling that someday,

Hmmm....I'm willing to bet the same guys got a hold of this car too. They have been notorious for stealing turbo buicks and fox body mustangs for years. They have all sorts of POS cars with turbo buick drivetrains in them. I've got bail money set aside for the day they try to come get one of my cars....

A reputable body shop with a painter that knows how to work with the old dispersion lacquers should be able to remove the primer and buff the original paint like new.

Paint removal

A reputable body shop with a painter that knows how to work with the old dispersion lacquers should be able to remove the primer and buff the original paint like new.

Believe it or not, Easy Off oven cleaner works very good with hard baked on spray and rolled on paint. I had a toyota supra that was a theft recovery that they roll painted a funky blue color, the car was originally black. I tried everything but the paint they rolled on was very thick and was on for months baking in the sun. Someone told me about EasyOff, well it took a while but I got it all off without harming any of the factory black paint. I wish he would have told me to use rubber gloves also as the EasyOff also took off my fingerprints and I was not able to grip anything with my hands for a couple of days.:eek: .....though my hands were nice and soft and very clean..:smile:

*****disclaimer....before using EasyOff on your car for spray paint removal please test in a small hidden area to make sure this product does not damage your factory paint.*****

The owner (Jake) had removed the GNX turbo and was running a different turbo.Also the GNX turbo shield wasn't on the car when it was stolen.I bought the GNX turbo shield from Jake and had it on my GNX clone for several years.I just sold the shield a few months ago because I'm un-cloning my car and selling it.
crazy.gif

what a shame... just another reason why california should be fenced off from the rest of the country. no offense to those of you who live in norcal but i wish the bay would swell and take with it all the scum of oakland and SF.

Just an update: The theives did take the GNX wheels, the turbo cover, all of the emblems and the #381 dash plate. I seriously doubt these items will ever be recovered but if anyone has any of these parts for sell let me know. Also need a mint condition steering column.....

I would not replace the column, Just have a REPUTABLE dealer or body shop replace
the actuator rod assembly and shift bowls, They are the most common parts broken
when they steal these cars. It’s much easier then replacing the whole column.

Back