gnx turbo shield color

Pete.....when I say I mixed colors..I mean I mixed colors to get that result. Had several used stock GN covers to use sacrificial lambs. Do not touch the original Gnx cover or pipe until you are happy with the match. That means let the color cure out first on the sample. I used ceramic coating from tech line.

hello people; So the GNX turbo cover shield, cover was not alum.? Well what is it?
Educate me and tell me more on the GNX. I know there's a differant impeller in the turbo and what other materials other than alum,steel,plastic was used on what parts?
IBBY

The cover is mild steel...with the aluminium coating...see the pictures and the specifications previously posted...

Back when Joe was making the repro shields the closest color he could find was off the shelf BBQ paint in silver. I gave it a try on a normal GN shield and it looks very very close to the OE GNX shield color.

Actually the paint kirbans sells pn alb-1 ht Goodson is an exact match

image-3056364190.jpg

As long as you are happy with the match.... Good deal. All of the originals that I have seen (about 4) most where a little faded from the original shade. That's why I recommended matching the color from what was covered up by the rubber on the up pipe. Seems like anything that was exposed had faded some.

Good luck

Agreed however I think if its close

Then as long as the up pipe and other stuff is clean, it should look in place