You can type here any text you want

GNX Value!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nash871233

I just checked NADA site. The value of the GNX has shot up 111k. If you check the factory air option it shoots up to 122k. This is incrediable!

Auctions like Barret-Jackson are making alot of cars untouchable to commom people!

Auctions like Barret-Jackson are making alot of cars untouchable to commom people!

When is the last time a GNX has been at Barrett. This is happening without their help. They have always been expensive. Back in 2000, I looked at a low mileage one, and they were over $40K then. I could have bought a 66 GT350-H for the same money, just didn't have the extra cash laying around.

I saw that ( $122k)

Made me go out and wax the old girl ,
not saying mine is worth $122k, but av price was $85k !!:eek:
just insane!

Barrett-Jackson does inflate some prices, but would any of us really buy a car there? thats for the " look at me , I bought my car at BJ" crowd!
I've sold there before, couple times, before he got really greedy, but now its just comedy. ( or televised car show)

I believe they are the 427 Cobra of the 80's .. I have had both :biggrin: Had the same feeling getting the GNX as the Cobra .. Now all I have is a crummy Mazda :p

NADA Average Price

Made me go out and wax the old girl ,
not saying mine is worth $122k, but av price was $85k !!:eek:
just insane!

It is insane! I'm not sure how NADA gets their prices, I would be shocked to see an average car bring $85k. A more realistic price would be around $50-60k.

I don't think many are trading hands in the $70-100k range unless they are pristine low or no mileage cars.

Just on man's opinion, I'd be happy to be proved wrong;) .

Hey Dan, what number x did you have? What was the history of the 427 Cobras in the 80's?

It is insane! I'm not sure how NADA gets their prices, I would be shocked to see an average car bring $85k. A more realistic price would be around $50-60k.

I don't think many are trading hands in the $70-100k range unless they are pristine low or no mileage cars.

Just on man's opinion, I'd be happy to be proved wrong;) .

Hey Dan, what number x did you have? What was the history of the 427 Cobras in the 80's?

ummmm realistic price is way more than $50/60k at this point ... remember only 547 cars .. looked at a few of them ummmmmm 2/3 years ago when ya could get a low mile car for $50k.. that was a lot of $$$ back then !!! GNX market is just like the 427 Cobra market in 1976 .. cars went from $10-12K to $30-40k in 6 months !!! BUT ya have to remember there weren't many 427 Cobra's either.. mine was CSX3147 ... History for 427 Cobra's???? the net couldn't handle a "carfax" report on any of those cars :p just like all the Shelby Mustangs they were all mint cars and never crashed :eek: here was a before and after of mine... and a Shelby "restoration" project :eek:

Attachments

• Cobrawalkin.jpg
    Cobrawalkin.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 769
  • Cobra.jpg
    Cobra.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 777
  • 70shelby.jpg
    70shelby.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 765
When I picked mine up in 2004, it had 17000 miles on, I had it appraised just after buying it and it came in at 36k, which was right at what I paid for it. 2005 NADA showed the value of the GNX at 45K, so I had the car appraised again. It came in at 42k. I'm thinking to myself, this is turning out to be a nice little investment. I didn't have it appraised again until 2007 when I seen the value had risen to 91k. Again, if you checked the factory air option, which they all came with, the value jumped another 10k. Anyway, my appraisal came in at 80k. The reason the appraiser gave me for the car not appraising higher was the higher appraisals were for the real low mileage cars, like the one with 9 miles on it as so on; mine has 19000 on it now. New Years day I decide to go on NADA and much to my astonishment, the value shot up to 111k. Check that factory air option and it goes to 122k. Makes me wonder, what these cars will be worth when they hit 25.

Cruzn57, I'm with you! I had to go in the garage to put another coat of wax on.

Oh yea!

say what you want, I'm delighted to have a X, value?? who cares, more than I paid for it!
I've had Street Hemi's, 67 Z28 camaro, and other "rare" cars, none that were numbered, and this rare! so I'm just happy as heck!
wax it? heck yea, maybe even fondle it too !!!!

say what you want, I'm delighted to have a X, value?? who cares, more than I paid for it!

I think alot of people forget why they even purchased an X, or even became interested in Turbo Regals in the first place.

The recent sell on ebay for the 9 mile car was for something like $108K. I don't see how NADA can value the X any higher than that. It's one thing for NADA to say that they're worth 111K and 122K, but another for what someone will actually pay for it.

Excellent Cobra pictures do you have anymore?

I am having ordered a BDR roadster to be delivered late April / early may. I love the Cobras.

Thanks.

gnx value,keeps climbing

I don't understand why so many keep bashing the rising value of these amazing cars. I posted about a year ago that GNX's are the future Hemi's of the collector car world and I still believe so. I have posted mine for sale here many times, and only here, and had many offers of 75-80k, some by reputable dealers and collectors, especially in the last 6-8 weeks. I was firm at 85k, imo very fair. Make some calls on the ones listed and sold in the last few months, those of you who own GNX's will be happy, those who don't (not all) will keep bashing.:) :)

This year Barrett-Jackson has WE-4 on auction, let's see how much it will go for. It will be auctioned on Thursday. Here is some info.

Vehicle Details

LotNumber 652

Year 1987
CarMake BUICK
CarModel WE4
CarStyle 2 DOOR HARDTOP
ExteriorColor BLACK
Interiorcolor GREY
Cylinders 6
Engine 231
Transmission AUTOMATIC

Summary

Extremely rare. All original including tires. Only 2,049 miles. All paper work and Window Sticker from new.
Description Special ordered by the original owner, this extremely rare low mileage T-Type WE4 optioned Buick is in mint original condition and comes with every bit of original paperwork including the Window Sticker and order form. The original owner kept very extensive notes documenting every mile and every gallon of gas purchased from day one to its current 2,000 original miles. Always garaged and meticulously maintained, this Buick was built with the following factory options: Electric door locks, Soft Ray tinted glass, power windows, electronic cruise control, 3.8 Liter Turbo-charged and inter-cooled V6 engine, tilt steering column, Delco cassette & ETR AM/FM stereo radio with seek & scan and the WE4 "Special Turbo Package". With its short 6 month production run and a total 1,547 produced, this Buick is by far one of the rarest performance production Buicks ever built. Included with the sale of this ultra-rare Buick are the hundreds of pages of original documents to support and verify this Buick and its impeccable preservation. This is one performance Buick that has no equals and is the collector muscle car to have and enjoy knowing that a car is only original once.

I just checked NADA site. The value of the GNX has shot up 111k. If you check the factory air option it shoots up to 122k. This is incrediable!

That sounds to me like it's too much of a Computer Program and not a true value. Just the fact that there were no X's without factory air and they didn't program that in the database should tell you something is up.

Here is another one I found on the dockit to be auctioned,

Vehicle Details

LotNumber 471

Year 1987
CarMake BUICK
CarModel REGAL LIMITED
CarStyle 2 DOOR COUPE
ExteriorColor WHITE
Interiorcolor MAROON
Cylinders 6
Engine 231
Transmission 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC

Summary
30,500 original miles with the SFI inter-cooled Turbo-charged option. 1 of only 1,035 built and this one has the sport package.
Description This is a 30,500 original mile 1987 Buick Regal Limited 2 door coupe with the SFI inter-cooled Turbo-charged option. It is 1 of only 1035 Limiteds built and this one has the sport package which included aluminum wheels, P215/65/R15 B/W Eagle GT tires (replaced), leather wrapped steering wheel, Gran Touring suspension and fast ratio power steering. The car was originally purchased in Nebraska and I am the third owner. The original Window Sticker and papers come with the car. The car has been meticulously maintained and is completely original except for some minimal performance enhancements like K&N/Chip, etc. The car has been timed at the strip at 13.30 at 107+mp

The WE4 was sold at BJ in Florida last year and I think it was around 40k. I had it inspected at the auction and it was as advertised. At that time I thought 30k would have landed me the car, but was outbid. Being a Thurs car just might get it to the 50k mark. If this happens exept to see GNX's at future BJ Auctions. JMO, By the way, Happy New Year to all our board members:) :) :)

oh yea?

$30k would of gotten you my 13k mi GN !!!!!!
plus no premium for the auction company!
still available!

The WE4 was sold at BJ in Florida last year and I think it was around 40k. I had it inspected at the auction and it was as advertised. At that time I thought 30k would have landed me the car, but was outbid. Being a Thurs car just might get it to the 50k mark. If this happens exept to see GNX's at future BJ Auctions. JMO, By the way, Happy New Year to all our board members:) :) :)

The car was sold for $34K which includes the 10% buyers fee. It was sold to a dealer out in Arizona who tried hustling it for $50K and it did not happen. He is putting it back into the Arizona auction hoping to recover his money.

You had it inspected? What did the inspector tell you? The fillers were terrible, the antenna was stuck permanently about 20% in the up position, the paint was nothing to write home about and he had a pretty big crack on the front fiberglass. I was right in front of him under the tent, so I got to see the car for several days before it went to the blocks.

To me, I do not see a $50K car there.

I ran my 7,000 mile T-top GN through the same auction, and twinvipers ran a 6,000 mile astroroof GN through the same auction and got less than the WE4, and both cars were much nicer. The surprise was the 86 WH-1 Designer car, brought like $22K

Thank's for the info. I did have it insp. and he did say the fillers were faded but the rest was excellent. Iwill be giving that appraisal company a call, if I do not get an explanation as to why I was not told about the rest of the car I will post who they are so others will know them in Florida. Regards, Nick.:smile:

Back