GNX vs TTA disparity

prototype

:confused:

As a fan of cars I see a very large difference in the price between these cars:

TTA - in the wrapper $25K
GNX - in the wrapper $65K +

If I'm correct in assuming these prices.....that's a huge difference. It seems that the desirability factor on the GNX is big.

How desireable are the festival TTA?

Thanks for your opinions.

I'd try to get more from the TTA. I got 35K for a GN in the wrapper, and $33.5K for one w/ -1000 miles. Start high...you know they are coming to wheel and deal..not just buy.

GregInAtl said:
I'd try to get more from the TTA. I got 35K for a GN in the wrapper, and $33.5K for one w/ -1000 miles. Start high...you know they are coming to wheel and deal..not just buy.

The TT/A's day is coming. It's just going to take one to go through a Barrett-Jackson type auction. They will "POP" soon. Never will they be as much as a GNX, but right now I believe they are under valued.

twinvipers said:
The TT/A's day is coming. It's just going to take one to go through a Barrett-Jackson type auction. They will "POP" soon. Never will they be as much as a GNX, but right now I believe they are under valued.

I agree they have been undervalued for years, but I don't know just how soon their day will come. Problem being, except to the enthusiat, they have the persona of just another Firebird or Trans Am. Most people don't even know they exist. This is not said as a knock at all, because as you know twin, I am in the market for a low mileage one.

Why can a clean 87 GN with similar miles get more than a TTA?. I mean there were only 1500+ TTA produced and 22,000 copies of the GN. My gut feelings are the GN has that sinister look being all black and the TTA being white just does not look mean. I wonder what would have happened if they did them in Black. Not to mention, the GN was the muscle car to have, the TTA was almost an afterthought

Maybe once some of the Muscle Cars start getting out of the price range of an average collector, like they are starting to right now, it might help the value of the TTA. Keep in mind the car is still relatively young and many still exist.

70Mach1 said:
I agree they have been undervalued for years, but I don't know just how soon their day will come. Problem being, except to the enthusiat, they have the persona of just another Firebird or Trans Am. Most people don't even know they exist. This is not said as a knock at all, because as you know twin, I am in the market for a low mileage one.

Why can a clean 87 GN with similar miles get more than a TTA?. I mean there were only 1500+ TTA produced and 22,000 copies of the GN. My gut feelings are the GN has that sinister look being all black and the TTA being white just does not look mean. I wonder what would have happened if they did them in Black. Not to mention, the GN was the muscle car to have, the TTA was almost an afterthought

Maybe once some of the Muscle Cars start getting out of the price range of an average collector, like they are starting to right now, it might help the value of the TTA. Keep in mind the car is still relatively young and many still exist.

An "ALL BLACK" TT/A would have been great !!!

I agree, the TTA should "pop" soon. When you look at just the original stickers: GN are selling well above sticker for a low mile while a TTA is well below; crazy.

On a side note: twinvipers, how big is your garage to hold all those sweet cars! I couldnt bare to see one of those out in the open. :eek:

hbsky said:
I agree, the TTA should "pop" soon. When you look at just the original stickers: GN are selling well above sticker for a low mile while a TTA is well below; crazy.

On a side note: twinvipers, how big is your garage to hold all those sweet cars! I couldnt bare to see one of those out in the open. :eek:

They DEFINITELY don't see the outdoors too much :cool:

Uhh..I hope they DON'T pop soon cause I Love these cars, and Next Year I plan to get Another..."In the Wrapper" one, and I DON'T want to pay more than 25K next year!! Of course after that Let them Pop Away!! :cool:

I think their time is comming as well. Might take some time as they are young but I think allot of people will be suprised. People just don't know what they are. Until I got mine and Brian got his for years I never saw a TTA at any local car shows and I go to allot! When I bring my TTA to the bigger shows in the area. I'll actually get people come up and thank for me showing it. They all tell me how they love them but never see any at shows. Other people walk right past it! But they are awesome cars. I might get another as well someday soon :biggrin:

Who said something about a black TTA! Well here she is! :cool:

BLACKTTA1.jpg

BLACKTTA2.jpg

BLACKTTA3.jpg

BLACKTTA4.jpg

That black car is awesome ... :eek: TTAs will climb up someday . They are sleeper's right now .. although I see them goin up slightly BUT not like a GNX .. we could make prob $25k on a GNX I got last feb :rolleyes:

I find it interesting that the TTA community has said for 5 years these cars will pop in value "any day now". No one is more disappointed than me. I paid high and put a ton of money into mine thinking I'd at least get my purchase price back. Not even close.

However, GNX's were dead not too long ago so who knows.

Has a TTA sold on a Jackson Barrett auction? That's what we need - visibility to the people with deep pockets and no idea what they are buying.

mark b said:
I find it interesting that the TTA community has said for 5 years these cars will pop in value "any day now". No one is more disappointed than me. I paid high and put a ton of money into mine thinking I'd at least get my purchase price back. Not even close.

However, GNX's were dead not too long ago so who knows.

Has a TTA sold on a Jackson Barrett auction? That's what we need - visibility to the people with deep pockets and no idea what they are buying.

I just checked. The last one to sell at B-J was back in 2001 with 193 miles for 21K.
The last GNX sold at B-J in 1998 for 28350.00 with 1800 miles.

We need both cars to hit the B-J stage on TV.

thinkin here .. I just got another TTA friday with 35k on it . Car is really nice . I was goin to use as a racer till my stage2 car is done . so whats a 35k car worth ?? :confused: :eek:

Grumpy said:
thinkin here .. I just got another TTA friday with 35k on it . Car is really nice . I was goin to use as a racer till my stage2 car is done . so whats a 35k car worth ?? :confused: :eek:

18K ?

prototype said:
:confused:

As a fan of cars I see a very large difference in the price between these cars:

TTA - in the wrapper $25K
GNX - in the wrapper $65K +

If I'm correct in assuming these prices.....that's a huge difference. It seems that the desirability factor on the GNX is big.

How desireable are the festival TTA?

Thanks for your opinions.

This is a great question! I agree they should be closer in price. I just don't think the TTA gets the exposure (Read demand) the GN/GNX gets due to its low numbers. It will just take more time. :(

- Dave

Just a thought here with no disrespect intended. Maybe the 1989 TTA is seen as a sort of step child compared to the GNX. Yes, Pontiac did produce a TTA from what, 1979 - 1981, but they have no real history in turbo cars. The 1989 TTA is a potent and legandary car but not the same history as the GNX. As we all know, the GN was produced for 4 years with turbo Regals being produced for 6 years before that with a final build up to the GNX being the end of a legend and last of the rear drive Regals. The 1989 TTA had basically the same body style from 1982 - 1991 so the 1989 TTA was stuck in sort of the middle to late portion of the 3rd generation run. No finality associated with it The GNX is a lot more rare also with only 547 produced as the 1989 TTA production number is 1555. Therefore, I feel the build up and the smaller numbers produced of the GNX will always price it well above the 1989 TTA.

I think everyone will probably agree that the GNX will always fetch a higher premium then the TTA. What is odd right now is that a low mile regular 1987 GN is fetching MUCH more than a TTA(with the exception of festival cars). The underlying point is that a TTA seems to be currently undervalued given its production numbers. Anyone disagree? :confused:

I think a TTA is probably one of the best overall cars of all time. It's fast and handles great. I think the desireability issue is Pontiac people don't embrace it because it has a Buick engine...plus, because of that Buick engine, it's one of the, if not the fastest Pontiac ever. Maybe that rubs salt in the wounds of Pontiac purists. Since a TTA is a Pontiac, it's not sought by Buick owners as much as a GNX or Turbo Regal.

The TTA has a lot going for it as I said, looks, power, handling and it's a very limited edition and since it is an Indy pace car, it has the potential to skyrocket in value someday.

Here's a thought, maybe buying and not driving cars seems like a great "investment" but I remember when I bought my T-Type new in 87, a GNX was approx. 35k. It's worth a lot more now of course, especially if you never drive it and kept the miles off. But just think... if you invested that 35k in 1987, the Dow was at 2,000 then. Your 35k would now be worth 175+k and you could probably buy a low milkeage GNX, TTA, Viper and maybe even a ZR1 with the $$$ you made on your investments and have money left to buy plenty of race gas! Value is not everything. Musclecars are are for driving and enjoying! Just my opinion. Paul

Show me the $

Bought (3) apartment / condo conversions. Sold the one (2/2) one week later for 186k pure profit. Still holding and renting the other two units.
No car will ever do that in our life time. I love my GNX and other toys for their "toy" value. :)