GNX vs TTA disparity

bilt2run said:
Bought (3) apartment / condo conversions. Sold the one (2/2) one week later for 186k pure profit. Still holding and renting the other two units.
No car will ever do that in our life time. I love my GNX and other toys for their "toy" value. :)

you took the words right out of my mouth :biggrin: whenever I sold a house I would buy a car (toy) .. BUT $$$$ was made with RE and a 427 Cobra :biggrin:

No one will agree more that real estate/stocks are better investments, and cars are among the worst. However, when you have to justify buying another "toy" with the Mrs, the investment card can be appealing (especially when your garage is now full and her car is parked in the driveway) :cool:

I pulled into an "F Body" show/cruise and about got run off by the crowd. They think the TTA's are bastards and the Buick crowd doesn't seem to really give them any props. My festival car has 16k miles and is an overall 9.8 of 10, but at the current prices right now wouldn't even come close to bringing the same $$$$ as even a "high" mile GNX. I enjoy my car and like the TTA's over the TR's having owned both. I'm very careful about the bolt on mods I do and keep her looking and running mint with the hopes that one day the value will jump like crazy....fingers crossed.

ok last year I flew around looking at GNX's .. NOT one was purchased for "sticker" :eek: All had paid from $42k on up to $50k in 1987 :eek: The car I got he had traded a "new" GN for it plus cash ... and then never used the damm thing :rolleyes: ohhh well to each thier own as mine sits in a barn with an old Ford :p

Grumpy said:
ok last year I flew around looking at GNX's .. NOT one was purchased for "sticker" :eek: All had paid from $42k on up to $50k in 1987 :eek: The car I got he had traded a "new" GN for it plus cash ... and then never used the damm thing :rolleyes: ohhh well to each thier own as mine sits in a barn with an old Ford :p
REALLY?!! I know for sure we paid $32,000 for our GNX (#103 we recently sold)..which was dead sticker...actually a lil lower once everything was added in. It may have helped we had bought 7 TRs that year also. I know our 90 ZR1 we have as second owners was nearly $20,000 over sticker when bought. Now we have it FS at $32,000...(2,600 miles, and charcoal gray colored) with little interest. Wierd.