GNXing a TurboBuick

GNXing a Turbo Buick

• yes

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • no

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
Yeah. Most of the guys there are only into drag racing. They seem to have no interest in an Olds that can run an 11-12 sec 1/4 and handle and brake very well. Most of them want headers that have tubes running into the wheel wells which limits steering if you run wide tires. But most of them run "skinnies" up front and don't worry about cornering so inside the frame headers are of no concern to them unfortunately. :(

Personally I find it to be more gratifying to have a street car that can blow the doors off a trailered race car rather than vice versa (even though my car currently isn't that fast).
Oh well.

And to get back on subject a bit. I agree with most that I don't see a problem with making a GNX clone as long as you don't try to pass it off as the real thing.

Originally posted by Pronto
I assume your on ROP. Only 10 is kind of dissappointing for that community. The BBOs is great torque master. My 403 was pretty good too. Thats a popular swap for 307 too.

Originally posted by BigBlockOlds

And to get back on subject a bit. I agree with most that I don't see a problem with making a GNX clone as long as you don't try to pass it off as the real thing.
I don't try to pass my clone off as a real GNX.Most people look surprised when I tell them it's an 85 GN. :eek:

Clones are ok in my book as long as the owner doesn't try to sell it as the real thing. Some clones are pulling in big bucks too. GTOs, Hemi Cuda's etc clones are popular. I like the look of HY's clone, nice color combo too.