GNXing a TurboBuick

GNXing a Turbo Buick

• yes

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • no

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters

87TR_WE4$$$

I was wondering if adding GNX features would make my car more desireable or worth more? GNX suspension and rims are two no brainers. Fender flares and dash I'm not so sure! The fender louvers :confused: maybe if your fenders are rotted.

The car is only as valuable as a person who wants it is willing to pay. I say do it if you want to.

Personally, I like it when a TR is GNX'd. Especially a non-GN.

I would say my clone is worth more than it was before because it has a bunch of real GNX parts on it.But I'm not concerned with resale value,because I'll own it until they bury my old ass.:rolleyes:

i think the louvers look badass. ive had them for a while . now i just have to install them.:D

These cars need better Gauges and better wheels ,two things the GNX took care of .I like nice clean mods , GNX clone in diff colors are my fav

I say go ahead and do what you want. It's your car... you're going to enjoy it. Some people gave me grief with doing the 85 to 87 conversion, but I'm happy and that's what's most important.

Of course, I'm sure with the GNX clone, you're going to have people calling you out but heck... if you're good enough to fake them out, maybe it's worth it. I bet the rear will be a fun one to duplicate.

I have the GNX rims but they're 15 inch... but they still look real nice. I like how they match the car. The fender vents are cool looking too.. but if you're going to do that, I'd make them really functional. I read in the GNX book that at 80 mph they could reach their hand out the window up towards the vents and feel the hot air pouring out.

As far as value... what's the value of a :D going for these days?

Do it to it!

Helps make up for all the real GNXs in storage that will never see the light of day. :)

I just went with the wheels...not thinking about the louvers or flares, tho I do plan on doing some suspension mods just not GNx suspension...and btw they are cool as long as you don't try to fool someone into buying it as a GNX

Re: Do it to it!

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
Helps make up for all the real GNXs in storage that will never see the light of day. :)

exactly!!!

actually i am not bading my GN as a GNX...i have 16" gnx wheels and i eventually want to add the fender vents ABOVE the grand national emblems...that's as far as i will go as far as making it look like a GNX...suspension is like 2-3 grand and everything else is hard to find...do the wheels and the fender vents and that should be good enough IMO unless you have the money to make it a true clone

my friend had one with X emblems on it and took them off cause he was getting a hard time. His car is way faster than a real X anyone so i didn't see the big deal.

I love the flares and if you buy aftermarket fiberglass ones you don't have to trim the wheel wells at all. As far as the louvers. . . . . . MAN THE GNX JUST LOOKS BADD A$$ I can't see how you could go wrong? I guess I would just not put the X emblems so as not to get grief. Check out my pics below.

I say do it. I've caught a lot of flack from Olds owners (mostly the guys that aren't into G-body's) for doing what I'm doing with my '87.
It has the GNX fender louvers now, and I will be "blacking out" all of the chrome trim, door locks and handles. The bumpers will be painted body color (dark blue metalic) and I am going to cut out the rear 1/4 wheel wells and weld in TR wheel wells (the opening anyway) and then add the GNX fender flares. I also have a Ponitac Fiero GT rear spoiler.
So, to be honest, I'm not even sure what you would call this car when done. :D :D But it should look pretty good. I hope.

BBO, that does look pretty sweet. It's too bad the Olds didn't get to come with some stock power rather than the 307. Stepping up to the BBO is very interesting but I understand the a big bugaboo is the headers or lack there of.

Originally posted by Pronto
BBO, that does look pretty sweet.

Thanks.

It's too bad the Olds didn't get to come with some stock power rather than the 307.

Yeah no kidding. Our only claim to fame is the FE3X concept in '85 and it still only had a 200hp 307. :(

Stepping up to the BBO is very interesting but I understand the a big bugaboo is the headers or lack there of.

Yeah. But right now we have a guy (Nick Filippides) is pressing Kooks Custom headers to start producing "inside the frame" headers for the BBO in a G-body swap. They need to have 20 sets of headers/buyers that are commited to buying them before they'll look at producing them.
Right now I believe we only have 10 commited sets.
We've been trying to spread the word to everyone we can so as to help get these things produced.
Thanks,

I assume your on ROP. Only 10 is kind of dissappointing for that community. The BBOs is great torque master. My 403 was pretty good too. Thats a popular swap for 307 too.

i said yes, but only because the gnx was a better car. if thats your reason for doing it then great! if your doing it to try to fool someone into thinking its a gnx and buying it from you for way more money than its worth, thats bad. i'd like to do a lot of the gnx stuff to mine, one thing i wouldnt' even thikn about doing is putting the gnx emblems on it, first off that kills the sleeper look, people know what a gnx is. and its saying its something its not.