You can type here any text you want

Going into engine, what should i do while im there?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i picked up a GN about a week ago. Long story short, it will not start now that i have it home and ive pretty much narrowed it down to something with the cam, or timing chain. Since im going in to check on all this stuff and the car has really never been opened up before and it has over 160k on it. What all should i replace while im in there? I know water pump for sure, and was looking at these but couldent figure out what the difference in these two is? Thanks guys

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - ROLLMASTER BUICK STANDARD CHAIN

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - ROLLMASTER BUICK CHAIN .004 UNDER

Thats what somebody else said, but he said he isnt making his front covers right now :eek:

Hey guys i picked up a GN about a week ago. Long story short, it will not start now that i have it home and ive pretty much narrowed it down to something with the cam, or timing chain. Since im going in to check on all this stuff and the car has really never been opened up before and it has over 160k on it. What all should i replace while im in there? I know water pump for sure, and was looking at these but couldent figure out what the difference in these two is? Thanks guys

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - ROLLMASTER BUICK STANDARD CHAIN

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - ROLLMASTER BUICK CHAIN .004 UNDER

You would want the standard one. The .004 is used when the block gets line bored. If you have the money pull the engine and give it to one of the vendors and have it checked do it once and then enjoy it. oh and think roller cam.good luck

Thats what somebody else said, but he said he isnt making his front covers right now :eek:

You can do the mods yourself if you have a die grinder and a few other tools. Not hard but they do take up some time.

Back