You can type here any text you want

Going N20

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboMike

whatever
Got a friend with a IROC 409 cid. Went 10.70's with a Procharger. The Procharger crapped and they won't warranty, so he's going on the bottle. He's running a FAST WB02 BtoB system. Anyone run nitrous that can give us some tips? Can the FAST control N20 activation? Can it control 2 stages? or just the timing curves?

Depends

FAST ECU part number matrix

If you look on that page and compare that part number of his unit against what is listed on the page it will tell you if it controls N2O. According to what is listed on that page, if it has the N2O control option it will control 2 stages. Any more than that, I can't tell you. I know some guys who have run N2O and DFI before. One was using the Accel setup, though. I know another that has used FAST and N2O. I may be able to ask him some questions for you, if you like. I don't get to see him but about once a month, however.

I have used nitrous with my FAST, however I didn't connect any of the wires- I had the nitrous system connected seperately. This year I will be giving the ECU control of my nitrous.

A couple of suggestions for you-
- set the target A/F ratio to about 11:1
- Have the ECU retard timing according to the size of the shot (2 deg / 50 HP shot)

Is he planning on a wet shot or a dry shot?

The ECU settings are pretty obvious in CalCom (look under the nitrous page).

Another suggestion- a cam for a supercharger may not be ideal for nitrous, but that's a different topic.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back