Going to Hawaii in Feb!

WSLN 6

Powered by Murphy's Law
My wife is taking me to Hawaii for the first time ever, Feb 11 to Feb 26th! Sweet...........
Where are the best places to go on a first trip?
I will be staying in Waikiki, about a block from the aqaurium/zoo, and fairly close to the beach.

Any opinions would be great!

Definately go see these guys at the track. You'll have lots of fun! You'll get to enjoy soe good 'ol Island hospitality :D And you can drink beer at the track too! :eek: :D

Unless you're a multi-millionaire, don't spend too much time in Waikiki!!! That area is EXPENSIVE and the ultimate tourist trap. Get out to the real Hawaii. Visit things like the Dole plantation, Polynesian culture center, the WW II things (Arizona/Missouri), North shore (the waves will still be 20 ft+ then). They just had 50 ft waves on the north shore last weekend. The zoo is pretty interesting although NO where near the caliber of a lot of mainland zoos. Biggest advise is rent a car and go exploring. You can't get lost on the island. Just keep driving and you have to eventually end up back where you started. :) Oh, and don't laugh when you see the natives in big winter coats when it's 60-65 degrees out just before dawn. :cool:

Derrick

BEER! sh*t, I'm dieting for the next show...I gotta drink them Miller low carb beer :mad:

Oh well, go swimming with the dolphins at the Kahala Mandarin. Cruise Hauanauma Bay. Hopefully North Shore will still keep up the winter swells. Right now there's 10-15ft swells with 20-25ft faces :D. I was there on Thursday and surfed epic sets!!!!! 8-10ft clean glassy faces. Good luck finding parking on the neigborhood shoulder lanes. It's always packed during this time. Yes, there is the tracks $6 to go in and watch or race. on the other end of the track they have go-karts! I highly suggest we go on a go-kart get-together. I've been ther once and I want an excuse to go again. If you and your wife are sorta into clubs, check out Pipelines or Cellar. Pipelines is an overcrowded club...none-the-less...good fun :D At the Cellar...I'm good friends with one of the Bartenders. Just give him a $100, you get unlimited drinks till closing time. :D There's the usual shopping at Ala Moana. Check out Mai Tai Bar & Grill in the upper level of Ala Moana on the weekends! There's always a live band and from 8:00pm-10:pm is happy hour with $5 pitchers :D. not far from Ala Moana is Ward Centre, not to be confused with Ward Warehouse, another shopping center. In Ward Center check out Brew Moon, it's a Micro Brewery. Sundays is the best time to go IMO, because after hours it turns into a club. My friends and I are always there on Sunday. During the day, the usual tourist thing is to go to the beach and tan. then Go to the Waikiki Trade Center and buy stuff. I think you can take the Waikiki Trolly to the Aloha Stadium where they have Flee Markets on Saturday and Sunday. Total bargain center!!! w/ fresh chilled coconut juice stands of almost every corner there. try it!!! make sure you head to the bathroom quick later. :p And then there's our waterpark. Not your average mainland size waterpark but enough for people to go and take their mind off watever. It's just north of the tracks. There's more things to do, but those are the usual places I take my guests.

Chris, I'm proud of you. All that writing and not once did you mention a nudie bar.:D I like your avatar, it reminds me of someone I know.

Originally posted by TurboJohn
Chris, I'm proud of you. All that writing and not once did you mention a nudie bar.:D I like your avatar, it reminds me of someone I know.
LOL, how could I forget the nudie bars? :p Waikiki's surounded by them.

For a Turbo Buick enthusiast, the best place to visit would be our local track. :D

Can't beat the price at $6 per person entrance fee! ;)

Maybe we can have a track night while you're here. :)

I shoulda checked out this part of the baord sooner, I was in Hawaii back in Sept for my honeymoon, I have one word......................MAUI BABY!!! If you go be sure to check out the Road to Hanna and use the limo van tour!!! My wife and I had such a blast there:)

I shoulda checked out this part of the baord sooner, I was in Hawaii back in Sept for my honeymoon, I have one word......................MAUI BABY!!! If you go be sure to check out the Road to Hanna and use the limo van tour!!! My wife and I had such a blast there:)

Hey Erwin...

I see your 442 is for sale...

How much and what can you tell me about it...

Robert