You can type here any text you want

Going to the track for the 1st time w/my TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

I'll be going to an event at 75 & 80 Dragway in Maryland this Saturday and would like any tips offered on running this car. I have raced before many time over the last 27 years but never this car or a turbo car for that matter. My car is stone stock even has the Goodyear Gatorbacks (not original but almost new). The only thing I have added to car so far is a Scanmaster 2.1, 1st thing I found out is the TPS is low (.30) and needs to be adjusted. What tire pressure should I run and what would be a good launch RPM. Just put it in DRIVE or try and shift it...if so what RPM?

This is the event for those in or near Maryland...

August 20, 2005
75 & 80 Dragway
Monrovia, MD
Buick-Oldsmobile-Pontiac-Cadillac Show, Go and Swap Meet
Oldsmobile Centennial Club and 75-80 Dragway, Inc.
Admission Charged
Info: 301-865-5102, 410-549-4718 or 410-256-0381

You can use the emergency brake to help create some boost off the line. With a standard radial you don't really need to do a burnout, there's mixed emotions about this but from what I've heard with a street radial that the added heat from the burnout actually makes them slicker.

Drive around the waterbox if you can and if you choose to do a burnout back into it. This will prevent your front tires from getting wet which will help you with any problems with pushing the front tires at the line.

If you're just doing test and tune don't worry about your reaction time. Continue to attempt to build boost until you feel you have reached the peak. You'll have to play with it some to find where you're going to get traction.

I just set mine in drive but a lot of people like to manual shift it. It's really what ever you desire. You might see a little improvement from manual shifting but only if you get it just right.

I would not do a burnout on your first run. I doubt the tires will spin if you launch with zero or 1 or 2 lbs of boost. Do one on your second run if your tires spin on the first run. Make sure your TPS goes to at least 4.50 volts on WOT. Make sure to let the car cool off a lot between runs. The IC retains a lot of heat after a run.

not what I hoped for...

Went to the track for the 1st time with the TTA this past Sat. Not really the best conditions...real hot humid day in the upper 90's. Anyway the car is 100% stock and probably needs a tune. I just hooked up my Scanmaster last week but really don't know how to use it yet. Played with the TPS setting a little...it was set on .30 @ idle, now it is ~.44. I think the IAC needs to be adjusted as well. I have a lot of learning to do.

I was able to run a total of 4 times none of which did I get a real good launch. When I say not a good launch I mean I bogged off the line with absolulty no wheel spin and no real boost so my 60' times really sucked. I could not get my timing down with the tree and never real built any boost at the line. Reaction times were bad as well the worst 1.3537 :( and best 0.6265.

best run:
ET 1/4 Mile 14.2167
Reaction Time 0.6700
Speed 1/4 Mile 97.2033
60 ft. 2.2310
330 ft. 6.0706
1/8 Mile 9.2152 1000 ft.

There was a bunch of GN's (6 or 7) there running low 11's to mid 13's. I sure didn't raise any eyebrows to say the least :redface:

I hope to try again in a few weeks when it cools off a little and I have checked all my settings as well. Still a fun day and I did however get 2nd place with the car club I was hanging with and missed 1st place by a margin of victory of 0.0444 (about 3-4 ft.). With the correct dial in time or a decent launch I would ave won the last race and 1st place. Still got a trophy for 2nd though so it was still pretty cool.

Not that bad, I runned a best of 9.09 when my car was total stock 3 years ago.

Daniel

You are not too far off. Being hot cost you a little bit.

I ran my TTA stock except for the RJC boost controller. It ran 13.50@102 and 2.16 60'. The stock chips was causing MAF drop outs. So it would have went faster.

Then I upgraded to 50lb inj(old ones were bad), TT chip, and GT3255. It ran 12.86@108. 18PSI and 1.99 60'.

Do the spring cleaning and get a new chip. The stock TTA chips are not very good. You should have no problem doing low 13s on 93 octane once you get everything dialed in. The RJC boost controller is nice also. A lot better than playing with the WG rod.

Back