You can type here any text you want

Good day at the track Big props to TT!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I was able to hit the track yesterday for the second time with my car, it was during an E.T points race so I had to enter just to get a guaranteed 3 passes......2 time runs and 1 round. I was only interested in test and tune but this track has just about done away with their test and tune on Saturday's :mad:

Anyway I have recently installed a TT chip and this was the first time testing the car at the track with it. My first pass out I got a good burn out and the car did a 1.76 60' and a 12.0 @110 not too bad but I know it had plenty more. I called a buddy of mine which is also a member of this board and he told me to pull some fuel based on my MV's and give it 2 degrees of timing (Thanks a ton Shawn!) I also emailed Eric Marshal while at the track to ask him some tuning questions, he responded to me before my second pass. :D

I pulled up to make my second pass started to do my burn out and the track guy told me to pull forward way early and I listened and did not get a good warm up :mad: the car did a 1.8 60' and spun the length of the car but this time it ran a 11.74 @116.00 the the rear view mirror flew off and hit me in the shoulder:D (that is probably the only time I am glad parts flew off the car LOL)

My third pass Shawn suggested to ad 2 more degrees a total of 4 over base, at this point I am still only running 20 psi.This time i made sure I got the tires good and warm.... the result was a 1.72 60' and a 11.54 @116.36

I was going to make a 4th pass but was not able since the 3rd pass was the first round and i broke out since it was a 12.0 or slower class but did not care was their for tuning.

Either way I made my goal of a mid 11's car on 20psi or less I could not have done it without Shawn's knowledge and the ability of tuning ease of a Turbo Tweak chip.

just thought I would share :smile:

Thanks again Shawn and thank you Eric for a great product and customer support!!!!:cool:

congrats on a good running buick. with tuning you picked up approx. another 60hp on your 2nd pass. and theres probably still some left. good luck with it.

Thanks!

I think with more tuning and another 5or 6 pounds of boost the car may have an 11.0 in it:biggrin:

I am very happy with the performance now just getting ready to paint it and work on the looks since I now have a good solid tune.

Thanks!

I think with more tuning and another 5or 6 pounds of boost the car may have an 11.0 in it:biggrin:

I am very happy with the performance now just getting ready to paint it and work on the looks since I now have a good solid tune.

It has 10.70's in it a 25 psi if the tune and traction are good. You should be able to get 1.50-1.55 60' with some practice.

those times look good. especially since i have a very similar set-up and was hoping to get into the mid 11's.

just a question, how much octane are you running? i didn't see any mention of meth in your sig.

those times look good. especially since i have a very similar set-up and was hoping to get into the mid 11's.

just a question, how much octane are you running? i didn't see any mention of meth in your sig.

I do have an alky setup on the car but I need to buy a controller so it is not currently being used. I had about 10 gallons of 93 and I put 2 gallons of 110 i it at the track just to be safe.

It has 10.70's in it a 25 psi if the tune and traction are good. You should be able to get 1.50-1.55 60' with some practice.

yeah I was impressed with how well the Nitto's worked, I was gonna make a 4th pass and try launching the car with the e-brake to see if I could get it to come out harder. The 1.72 was just a foot brake and leaving at 8psi, when I did it , it felt like it came out soft and even in the video the car does not seem to come out hard at all. I am not sure if I would need more converter or what but it just seems to roll out and not jump out like other Buick's I have seen?

I do have an alky setup on the car but I need to buy a controller so it is not currently being used. I had about 10 gallons of 93 and I put 2 gallons of 110 i it at the track just to be safe.

ok thanks for the info.

Back