Good exhaust cutout thread?

baghouse

EZE
It's official, I want to install an electric exhaust cutout. I tried the search function and there is A LOT of info out there. Can anyone point me to a how-to thread on this topic? I need to know what to buy, how to install, etc.

I don't have a CAT, just a pipe welded in place.

I carry the Pypes cutout which is an excellent kit.

Nice wire harness with a switch.

It connects to a 3" DP and the 4-bolt exhaust pipe.

the reason I ask is ,if your looking for better performance wouldn't get one , but if your looking for bad ass sound then they are great
was actually talking with bruce toelle about them yesterday and he said every time that they has ran with it open cars were slower
interesting

Performance wise, they most likely won't be a benefit. If you have a deep breathing engine that moves some serious air, and you have a corked up stock exhaust, with a halfway clogged cat... Then a dump will help you.

If you're like most of us, don't have a cat, and have upgraded the exhaust any, a dump really won't do much. Other than sound BADASS when you want it to. :)

The easiest way to tell if a dump helps is to look at the spool time on a powerlogger. Although sometimes faster spool can go from hooking, to knocking the tires loose. That result is slower times, but a nice pretty sideways rolling burnout!

In your case, since you have a test pipe, there's a little more to it, that just bolting on the dump valve. You'll need something to hook it to. If you have welding skills, it's not too hard to cut and add a dump tube. If you don't have welding skills, you'll need to buy a wye that is set up for the dump and a couple band clamps.

I have both if your'e interested... A 3" dump tube and an electric dump with a wireless remote.

Reply to all - I want noise:) Truth be told it will be "closed" most of the time. Mine is always the quiet one at cruise ins....I want to make an entrance! Also, it's a nice conversation piece.BUT, I want to do it right and CLEAN.

Thank you all! Thank you @earlbrown for the PM. Much appreciated!

You can make noise with just a plain dump, but it's a LOT less effort just to hit a loud button than it is manually uncapping it.

.....It's always fun, when you remove three nuts and end up with two..... lol

These V6's sound terrible imho with cutout. Save your money for a nice straight through 3" exhaust... There will not be any gains from the dump at that point

there are performance gains from an open exhaust depending on the combo and the amount of power the car is making.the restrictions are/can be the downpipe elbow,cat,muffler,multiple bends in the piping,and the overall weight that is lost from having the rest of the exhaust removed.for those that go slower on an open exhaust you forgot to add fuel.inmo a healthy 109 with a cutout and headers sounds aggressive although some find it cool to go fast while quite to each their own when it comes to noise.the car will footbrake better/have quicker response with an open or properly sized exhaust,but the combo must be there.

These V6's sound terrible imho with cutout.

They really sound like crap either way. With the dump open, they do sound nastier at idle and just off idle though.

but WOT just sucks period. I hate that ''BLLAAATTTTTTTTT'' sound at full honk.

I'd be nice if the whistle could drown that out like other cars.

I agree with Earlbrown. Lot better at idle or little throttle with open dump. At full throttle I think it sounds a little weak- the exhaust noise cancels out the turbo. Downshifting into D from OD around 60-70mph=⚡️ Closed dump I really love the RacePros.

Old thread revival - Best way to route the exhaust cutout wiring? Drill a hole or follow shift cable?