Good night gone bad.

sixgun86gn

six offender
I went out to Kennedale last night ,just messing around.I ran two 8.30 passes from a dead idle and spinning past the 60'mark.I was on Dunlop gt qualifiers and 16# and 93.60"s were 2.14.Not bad considering leaving without boost and spinning street radials.A good launch with boost could have been 7.50s.Anyway after the rain started my friend and I left and went back to Dallas.It was dry in Dallas so we went cruising NW HWY and got some good runs in.First there was a c4 vette thet wanted a try,he got trainlengthed.Then a camaro.Well,then I go to a popular hang out spot.Ther was a kid there who had a 90s fox mustang.He started talking all kinds of trash about his friend who has a GN that is so modded there is nothing left to do to it.And he says that his friends GN cant beat him.Well we call BS.(obviously this kid has never heard of a stage 2)He lifts the hood for a second and its a carbed SB chevy.No problem I say,lets do it.We cruise down to a secluded spot to do the deed and he gets on it.It was so slow ,I could have ran over him....seriously.We line up(remember I'm on street radials)and I spin ....HARD.Then all of a sudden alot of smoke comes out of the tail pipes and boost goes to 0# and he wins.My %^$@#^* PT52 blew the %&%#@@ turbine out into my DP and was dumping oil in my exhaust.So now I need a new turbo.Good thing I never sold the stock one.HMMMMMMM......I wonder how fast it would spool now?

I also forgot to mention a Ferrari Testarossa pulled up next to me and downshifted.He let off after I jumped about three cars on him.But I wouldnt call that a race.He pulled up next to me and asked if I was using Nitrous,I told him no,just the turbo 6.He said sweet,that thing is quick.It was cool to get a compliment from a guy in a $150K car.

I think so too.Im going to call and order a te-61 monday.Hopefully it will be here in time to catch him next friday and smoke him mercilessly.

well, in the event the new turbo doesnt come in time, just show up with your bicycle and run him for pinks!! thatll learn him!

Just put the stocker on to see how it runs:D
It will suck on the top end but I bet you will be surprised driving around town

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
He lifts the hood for a second and its a carbed SB chevy.No problem I say,lets do it.
Why did he have a SBC in a FoX body 'Stang?

I guess he thought it was some kind of miracle motor or something.The 302 that was in the car would have probably been stronger than that chevy boat anchor.Im of the opinion that chevy motors are for mechanical meatheads and this kid was definitely a meathead.He kept saying its just a 302 with some rear end gears.He was trying that old streetracer sucker thing.Funny thing was that if that turbo didnt blow up,he wouldhave been the sucker.He pulled away slowly when the boost went and I was on motor alone so I know I had him.I put the stock turbo on and reset the computer so it can relearn the airflow and fueling.I cruised it around all afternoon and went out last night to find him.He wasnt around.The GN was running pretty stout with the stocker,but that might be because I had the wheels upgraded when I had it rebuilt last year.I could have took him with it.I dont think it would have been as embarrasing for him as it would have been with the 52 though.I was hoping that 52 would really embarrass that kid and it ended up embarrassing me.LOL

Chevy motors boat anchors? Oh now come on, just because you have a 3.8 dont hate on the SBC. I mean they are as classic as anything out there. Great motors and unbelievable potential in any platform, plus cheap to build up.

Originally posted by Kyle F
Chevy motors boat anchors? Oh now come on, just because you have a 3.8 dont hate on the SBC. I mean they are as classic as anything out there. Great motors and unbelievable potential in any platform, plus cheap to build up.

Word. My SS is quicker than 90% of the cars on this board... and it has a SBC. I also own a Turbo Buick, so that kills the mechanical meathead label.

Well since that kid thinks he schooled you so badly, you need to go back and run him for the cost of your new one ;)

I hear you guys.I may have taken the meathead thing out of context.The meaning behind it is that yes a sbc is a potent performer,but you cant just slap on an intake and headers and call it a race motor.I mean,how many times has someone told you that their SBC in their car is a 350hp or 400hp,just because it has that many cubes.I have seen many so called 400hp SBC motors only really make 200hp.Im not hating on the SBC its just that most kids with a 350 think its top dog.The fact is it takes knowledge to make power and these kids don't have it.It is the most built up motor in the magazines,and these guys still dont have a clue that it takes torque to get moving. They slap on an intake and some headers and a HUGE cam and HUGE carb and wonder why they get stomped.Mismatched combo almost every time.I like the idea of running him for the cost of the new one.

Originally posted by Mr. T
Word. My SS is quicker than 90% of the cars on this board... and it has a SBC.
12.7 = faster than 90% of the car on this board? That doesn't sound accurate to me.:confused:

Originally posted by BlackBeauty

12.7 = faster than 90% of the car on this board? That doesn't sound accurate to me.:confused:

It could be. What percentage of the people on this board have actually run there cars at a legit 1/4 or even 1/8 mile track once? How many have gone enough times to figure out how to 60' very well?
There are a lot of people here who know what they are doing and have very fast cars. But it seems that there are even more who do minor mods and generally are happy just to keep there car running close to stock. I've seen 3 GNs at Moroso Motorsports Park the last 2 times I've gone. One ran high to mid 12s, and the other two ran high 13s. Of course, none of the Mustangs ever seem to get past the 13.0 mark, and the imports are generally a joke, so that seems fast by comparison.
My experience is that there are a lot of people who think their cars are way faster than they really are.

I am not saying my car is faster than anybody's.My time in the 8th is alot slower than it really would be with good tires and a boosted launch.That 12.7 would be toast though.I know for a fact I am faster than the stang was because he was in front of me and he was all in it.I was too and had to tap the brakes a couple of times to keep from running over that noisy speedbump.All that noise they make and don't go anywhere!I had to intimidate him a little:cool: .He seemed surprised when he beat me himself and then he noticed the smoke pouring from the tailpipes.He was kind of cool about it,he didnt talk trash.He just said that sucks you better park it and find out whats wrong with it soon.I told him I was just going to take it straight home while it was still running.I wasnt real sure what had happened yet.

Originally posted by Mr. T

My SS is quicker than 90% of the cars on this board... and it has a SBC.

You might be Faster than me (for now) but dude, This is NOT HondaCivic.com .

:cool:

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
I went out to Kennedale last night ,just messing around.I ran two 8.30 passes from a dead idle and spinning past the 60'mark.I was on Dunlop gt qualifiers and 16# and 93.60"s were 2.14.Not bad considering leaving without boost and spinning street radials.A good launch with boost could have been 7.50s.Anyway after the rain started my friend and I left and went back to Dallas.It was dry in Dallas so we went cruising NW HWY and got some good runs in.First there was a c4 vette thet wanted a try,he got trainlengthed.Then a camaro.Well,then I go to a popular hang out spot.Ther was a kid there who had a 90s fox mustang.He started talking all kinds of trash about his friend who has a GN that is so modded there is nothing left to do to it.And he says that his friends GN cant beat him.Well we call BS.(obviously this kid has never heard of a stage 2)He lifts the hood for a second and its a carbed SB chevy.No problem I say,lets do it.We cruise down to a secluded spot to do the deed and he gets on it.It was so slow ,I could have ran over him....seriously.We line up(remember I'm on street radials)and I spin ....HARD.Then all of a sudden alot of smoke comes out of the tail pipes and boost goes to 0# and he wins.My %^$@#^* PT52 blew the %&%#@@ turbine out into my DP and was dumping oil in my exhaust.So now I need a new turbo.Good thing I never sold the stock one.HMMMMMMM......I wonder how fast it would spool now?

Hey sixgun86, where's Kennedale located?? I'm not from the area and I'm almost done with some work on the car and would like to take it to the track to see what she'll do and try tuning. Other than NW Highway, what are other hang out spots in Dallas?

Dannyo

The best hang out spots are really in FT Worth.I have met a few TR owners out there.They are starting a club of thier own that is more performance oriented and a better set up in my opinion.Kennedale is out past arlinton at the loop 820 and 20 split off of Mansfield HWY.They run test and tune on thursday nights and grudge racing on fridays and saturdays.It costs $15 to get in and race.$10 to spectate.