You can type here any text you want

Good place to get MAFs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
Looking for a good place to order a MAF went to NAPA, I am not sure theirs' are any good.
Thanks for any suggestions.

In general ALL the rebuilt maf are junk! If I were you I would either find a "known" good used factory maf or change up to a Translator plus with a LS 1 sensor. The rebuilt maf's are a crap shoot and not recommended for racing.

Here, I'll answer your question -
The good rebuid MAFs are always the same shape and size as the OEM. DONOT run one of the hourglass shaped ones. You're just asking for trouble.

Known good rebuilds:
Echlin (Napa)
A1Cardone (special order Advanced Auto parts)

Bad:
Microtech

They are somwhat of a crap shoot but the 2 I've bought from Napa have both been good
Nothing wrong with racing with one...just make sure it tops @ 255.

Well, I have used the Echlins and A1Cardone and the last one lasted about a year. I'm tired of swapping them, so I just ordered a Translator+--and I am a tightwad, but if it works better and lasts longer then it's worth it as far as I am concerned.

The one I picked up from napa was an AC Delco reman unit, the thing was junk.

I thought I got one from postons years ago and it worked.
Do they still sell those units?

Life time warranty on the Napa/echlin one. If you get a bad one, take it back until you get a good one. I've personally never gotten a bad one (except the Microtech I bought one time)

The translator does work good, no doubt about that. Currently I, and others, prefer the stock type MAF

Ok I will do the exchange thing at napa, but first my buddy got a troubleshooting flow chart for a code 34 specific to our cars with all wire terminal#s and so forth, hopefully this will be of some use.

i'm getting codes 33/34 in my car and it won't run good. What kind of trouble shooting flow chart...interested in hearing about it?

Turns out my MAF was good. The 5 volt referance wire had a nick in it causing a 0 v situation at the sensor. Repaired , code is gone and running good.(I feel lucky on this one!)

You could always buy a NEW MAF - the ones that the GSCA was selling in 2002...

LINK

(Shameless plug, isn't it?)

Originally posted by T- Type Tim
Turns out my MAF was good. The 5 volt referance wire had a nick in it causing a 0 v situation at the sensor. Repaired , code is gone and running good.(I feel lucky on this one!)

You dodged that bullet :eek:

I see a MAF Translator in your future ;) "My shameless plug"

Which is the 5 volt reference wire? my car is throwing a 34 as well and i think my MAF may still be good.....and what would i look for, cuts or nicks in the wire?

Back