Good set of ported heads

49-blues

I need a good set of ported heads iron or aluminum- let me know what you got. also have a couple items to trade or partial trade if interested.

HighBoost: do you have any kind of numbers on your heads after you port them? also would i need to buy bigger valves or anything?

just seat of pants (sorry no flow bench) i do have some pics of heads in progress for bowl & port comparison,i use 1.77/1.5 stainless,swirl polished valves & port match to felpro 1200intake gasket

have you tested to see if you gain anything in the 1/4? if so how much id like a set ported if its substaintal, and of course if i can scrounge up some money

you will get a substantial HP gain from porting & polishing your heads!! i cant guarantee any specific results because it depends on your application,but you will be able to increase boost, as head porting alows more air & fuel flow, and polishing the combustion chamers will eliminate many or all hotspots to dramaticly reduce detonation.

as i said in previous post i also have pics on unfinished head so you can see the differance in bowl & port size & shape,also the polished combustion chambers

keith:)

well i dont really want to turn the boost up any more than it already is. im kind of gun shy and dont wanna replace any HG's. what would the performance be without upping the boost? still noticable? can you send me pics? jerrad05@yahoo.com
thanks jerrad

Originally posted by turbojustin
You're gonna have to change headgaskets if you swap the heads, anyway.;)
Might as well get good at it.
well when i blow one out ill call you and you can explain it to my dad. :D