Good Technique at track

DCVING

I have a great recipe for a blown motor!! :eek:

I went to the track this saturday the weather was in the low 60's elevation was 150 above sea level, the track was hooking, it was one of those unheard of weather days here in New England.

I took my T for the second time to the track, ( the 1st time the tranny broke in the burnout box) and wasnt able to make one pass. Well this time was to be different, I made one pass and only one pass, not even a full one either. I was happy with the cars performance in street trim, this would be 15psi, nittos with 28psi, street chip, just the way i drive on the street, It went a 11.9@112 letting off at about 900 ft.

The reson why I let off at this 900ft mark was I looked over at my boost guage and saw it go from 15 to 0 and then my fuel pressure from like 58 to 40 really fast and then POOOF :eek: Rods or bearings were banging like the police do on your door ( like crazy )

So anyway thats a technique I think many of us have had tried already, and I figured I would give it a whirl.

PS: dont use blue silicone hoses for vacume lines without zip tie's :confused:

Damn dude..... that sux..... no better time than the present to upgrade some stuff...

Yeah its a bummer, and I just finished upgrading the whole top end this winter with race heads, cam, ported intake, all the goodies, including crappy new blue silicone hoses. Theres nothing like seeing your FPressure drop 20psi in a second.