You can type here any text you want

Good way to learn about the Darkside

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
After changing my cam, lifters, a bent pushrod and a blown headgasket (no idea how that happened) and breaking my stock cam and new lifters in for about 30 minutes (all the while drinking plenty of beer) I decided to take a test drive. Since it would be very foolish of me to drive in the state I was in, I let my friend drive. He is only 19 and hadn't been drinking. He like most people his age know nothing about the turbo sixes, but enjoys cars. I drove around the block watching DS to make sure everything was alright and then let him drive. We made it out onto the major roads and found a mustang (older fox body) and with a little coaching on how to build boost on the line, he annilated it smoking the Nitto's half ways through second. Not too shabby, untill we pull up alongside a late C4 vette. With a little bit of practice under his belt, he left pretty good (could of built more boost) and proceeded to walk away from the vette by about 2 lengths by around 70. The driver didnt know what to think when I looked over at him at the next light, especially when I told him we were just testing out a V6 :D

Anyways we made it back with a few less miles left on the Nitto's and the car running great. I thought I liked the Postons GN110T cam that was in the car, but I think the stock cam actually performs better now that I have driven it.

After we got back and parked the TTA, we discussed it, and decided the best thing for him is a T-Type since he is only 19 and just had a baby (actually his girlfriend did and still is going through some major hormonal problems). But it should be rather interesting what his friend says next time I see him, he has seen the TTA torn apart (seems like every time he is over) but hasn't riden in it to know the true power of the darkside. He is still young and uneducated and thinks small block chevy's make more power than anything else.

since he is only 19 and just had a baby (actually his girlfriend did and still is going through some major hormonal problems

Watch out for that. It has been 11 months and my wife is still screwy.

She did ride with me to KY to p/u the GN though so it can be done:D

Back