You can type here any text you want

Goodbye Mr.Tee

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Out with the old... in with the slightley newer better working merc.:frown::frown:

Its sad when you cant enjoy the things you own because someone else wants them enough to breach the sanctity of ur home.

Atleast hes somewhere safe....:(:frown::( Sniff... snifff... and bonded

Attachments

• 18177761894_ORIG.jpg
    18177761894_ORIG.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 25336502719_ORIG.jpg
    25336502719_ORIG.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 25336525402_ORIG.jpg
    25336525402_ORIG.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 158
Breach the sanctity of your home??? Someone broke off in your crib man?!?! Damnnn...that sucks!! Im trying my best right now to hold onto mine as well...I've had to give up cars before tho so hey...don't get too attached to it. There are will ALWAYS be others! ;)

If you did put the T in storage, thats a good thing.

One thing I dont understand, is if you already have that blue merc, why are you looking for another car?

Im confuzzled.

If you did put the T in storage, thats a good thing.

One thing I dont understand, is if you already have that blue merc, why are you looking for another car?

Im confuzzled.

It was my car for about 30 minutes, till I gave it to my mom.. not my car anymore. I put the tee in storage.

ok as long as you still own it. the paint on that car looks good, why do you want to paint it?

its coming off in places, and its diffrent colors in the jambs and its scratched pretty bad. I want the car to look like an 84-87, but still have the 83 interior and motor.

its coming off in places, and its diffrent colors in the jambs and its scratched pretty bad. I want the car to look like an 84-87, but still have the 83 interior and motor.

ok. why dont you just scuff it up and spray it with some single stage black. it shouldn't take long to pull all the trim off and tape up the glass.

ok. why dont you just scuff it up and spray it with some single stage black. it shouldn't take long to pull all the trim off and tape up the glass.

because its not straight black like the GN's, there is a metallic sparkle in the paint (aka a Candy effect: Black Licorice is what we call it) and It would be hard to match the paint. From the factory I have no Idea what color was. It could be green, blue, or black by looking inside of the trunk and door jambs.

because its not straight black like the GN's, there is a metallic sparkle in the paint (aka a Candy effect: Black Licorice is what we call it) and It would be hard to match the paint. From the factory I have no Idea what color was. It could be green, blue, or black by looking inside of the trunk and door jambs.

it does not look like candy, plus a true candy does not show up over black. remember i do airbrushing thats why you see like every tru fire car black. it might just be a metallic black do you know how to back tape and pull off the weather striping? you can just jam the car out in one day, then the body the next day. if you dont have alot of dents and waves then scuff and shoot it. if your going to repaint the whole car dont worry about color matching. if you want to go all crazy like me you can pull all the pannels off and paint them off the car. see the vid in my sig to understand what im talking about. make sure if you do that, you have the fenders painted the way they are on the car or you can have a color mis match.

it does not look like candy, plus a true candy does not show up over black. remember i do airbrushing thats why you see like every tru fire car black. it might just be a metallic black do you know how to back tape and pull off the weather striping? you can just jam the car out in one day, then the body the next day. if you dont have alot of dents and waves then scuff and shoot it. if your going to repaint the whole car dont worry about color matching. if you want to go all crazy like me you can pull all the pannels off and paint them off the car. see the vid in my sig to understand what im talking about. make sure if you do that, you have the fenders painted the way they are on the car or you can have a color mis match.

thats just it, i have several dents and misaligned panels. The front fenders and doors seem to be a little "bowed" like the car could have caught a bit of air and bent alittle. There is an oilcan in the roof (soft spot) and the hood needs work. There are also alot of waves, and the paint is pretty dull. I know how to mask and pull off the weatherstripping, but you gotta remember I have t-tops and the weatherstripping for t-tops is about 300 bucks and hard to find. I have the car in storage and Might pull off the fenders and maybe doors to do some work.

know anything on how to fix the actual t-top pieces matt? The center rail/ T section of the roof seem bowed a bit.

Back