You can type here any text you want

got a lexus is300

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1of1035

Not that exciting of a story but I haven't had any races recently. Two guys flew by revving and staring at me as usual ricers do. But I don't think they planned on the light changing. They asked me what the fancy gauges are for and the little box(scanmaster). Does it control your NOS? No it doesn't. I spooled up and they rolled almost all the way threw the intersection because the kid didn't know how to drive or launch a 5 speed. So I gave them the jump and about 1-1 1/2 car lengths. I got sideways as usual but blew by them anyway. They just had this look like how did that happen? So I smiled and then the car eventually hooked and I was gone. Just in case anyone is wondering, no I don't kick puppies too. Not that exciting, but it was fun to see the look on their faces and watch them turn around to avoid another light.

"Just in case anyone is wondering, no I don't kick puppies too."

hahaha
I like that.

I talked to a kid in hte staging lanes last year in his new is300. He was telling me how this wasn't the e shift but a real manual so it ws fast. He then proceeded to lay down a 17.9 :rolleyes:

IS300 owners don't strike me as a intelligent bunch of people. Well, at least the kids that own them anyway. It was really funny when I realized that he couldn't launch his car. I was laughing so hard I almost missed the light.

how do some kids afford cars like that? I'm VERY lucky to have found a buick that was not only affordable but in good shape. I couldnt' immagine these kids having a job that will pay for a lexus, and i couldnt' immagine their parents (or my parents anyways) just giving them an expensive car like that? If i go through the parking lot at school, all i see is beaters, hondas, a few mustangs and cameros, there is one bmw z3, but other than that theres nothing expensive. do these kids really own these cars or is it just their parents cars?

i was asked if i kick puppies too, no i don't but i'll kick yuppies given the chance.

I know alot of kids with nice cars. The difference is they look at everything asd a monthly payment. Its alot more affordable when you are living at home and looking at it like that. My parents arent dumb enugh to let me do that. They would rather see that money go towards a house or some real estate. It becomes much easier to afford something when mom and dad co sign and "help" you with the payments. I'm also the kind oof guy that likes to have things no one else has, it makes me different. My oldest brother drives an 89 BMW M3 and my other brother drives a 92 BMW 740 with 18" rims. People think we spent a ton of money truth is we all spent under 12 grand for our cars. People ask me what kind of car I have and i tell them "Buick", my brothers like BMW's and i like Buicks. They get a puzzled look till someone tells them how bad ass my car is.

Sorry for the long post!;)

Originally posted by denn454
how do some kids afford cars like that? I'm VERY lucky to have found a buick that was not only affordable but in good shape. I couldnt' immagine these kids having a job that will pay for a lexus, and i couldnt' immagine their parents (or my parents anyways) just giving them an expensive car like that? If i go through the parking lot at school, all i see is beaters, hondas, a few mustangs and cameros, there is one bmw z3, but other than that theres nothing expensive. do these kids really own these cars or is it just their parents cars?

Debt. It's not a very good way to begin your life away from the nest.

Probably every cent they get goes to their car.

The best is when people ask Nick, "whos car is faster? yours or your brothers M3?" he'll tell them to ask me, i tell them, the buick is the fastest car i've ever driven! it scares the crap outta me! i just make sure to tell them in a straigt line, dont dare follow me into a corner at 90mph though;)

p.s. i like buicks and cadillacs too nick!:D

i guess debt is the answer to everything... I was, and given the right opertunity still am concidering selling my car and getting a 95 bmw m3. i could make a fair ammount of money off my car, probably enough combined with what i have saved to get a decent one, but I don't want to have every spart penney i have tied up in a car, not that i allready don't. just for the spare money i've also been thinking of selling my car and looking for another good deal on a gn, big hastle for nothing, but it would give me some more money in my pocket. I don't see how people can get in debt, i understand how it happens, but its really simple, if you don't that the money, don't spend it, its really simple! i know theres times when its ok, buying a house for example, but aside from thoes kinds of things, being debt is really a choice, and a bad one at that. just my off topic $.02

If you really want an E36 M3(95-99) just be aware of the fact that most of these cars have had tough lives, and parts are expensive as **** right now because of the weak dollar! also, righ now these things are going cheap, no one has money for toys like they used to. if theres anything anyone wants to know about BMW's feel free to pm me, or e-mail me petebmwm@yahoo.com
Pete
just realized my bro was still signed in.

Back