You can type here any text you want

got a ZR-1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1of1035

I'm driving along and hear something loud behind me and see a black vette. Light went red and i it pulls next to me and i see its a zr-1 the guy rolls down his window and asks me what year.
me:1987
him:thats a v6 right?(smirk)
me:yup
him:you ever run a z06
me:yes and i took it
him:no way those buicks can't even beat my car
me:wanna go?
him:ok(grin)
i spool up about 5-6#s the light goes i instantly pull about 4 cars on him then i hear him shift and he dropped back another half a length by the time we hit the next light i had like 8 cars on him.
me:told you:D :D
him:nothing to say:mad:

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
how come everyone runs you and never me?

-Neil

You - Evil black Grand National
Him - Grandma's grocery-getter Limited

Any more questions?

I also go looking for trouble. I told you to start going out with me to those import meets.

I don't think the guy with the zr-1 could drive. Every time he shifted he dropped back a little and thats if it was a true zr-1 and not just badges and he didn't even launch the car

""I don't think the guy with the zr-1 could drive. Every time he shifted he dropped back a little and thats if it was a true zr-1 and not just badges and he didn't even launch the car""

If it was a stock ZR-1, a car with your mods will leave him pretty good 1/4 mile...a stock ZR-1 will charge hard at the top end....after 120 mph...lookout. Then again. lot'sa LT-1 owners stick ZR-1 badges on their cars.
;)

Also, here's a little vette triva for you. a true ZR-1's rear is 4" wider than a regular C4 Vette.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned he probably had the power key off lol. The first time my friend took his dad's out we were wondering why the car was so slow, turned the key and what a difference. Good kill!

I thought i heard somewhere a stock ZR1 runs like high 12s with the average driver . So i dont doubt the story at all . Nice of you to correct a cockey vette owner , GOOD KILL ! :p

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Also, here's a little vette triva for you. a true ZR-1's rear is 4" wider than a regular C4 Vette.

I get the impression he never saw the rear. ;)

True tho. A ZR1 rear REALLY stands out. Looks wide and flat. Very easy to see. Plus 4 square tips, and square tail lights.

I raced a ZR-1 once and beat him. Not in the 'stang, lol, in the GN with my mom. with my new engine maybe I could take 'em with the stang...stroked 351 and a single turbo... :D

Originally posted by boostin
I raced a ZR-1 once and beat him. Not in the 'stang, lol, in the GN with my mom. with my new engine maybe I could take 'em with the stang...stroked 351 and a single turbo... :D

you raced someone with your mom in the car??? braver than I am, either that or your moms a whole lot cooler than mine.

1of1035, what do you run in the 1/4? That's impressive that you beat him that bad. I have similar mods to you and would be worried about a z06 or zr1 while running street gas and chip. Were you on pump gas?

Originally posted by denn454
you raced someone with your mom in the car??? braver than I am, either that or your moms a whole lot cooler than mine.

Granted, I'm old enough to not care what my parents think of my driving, but you should try going down the autobahn at 120 mph with your folks sitting in the back seat for 3 hours. There isn't a damn thing they can say because it's legal. :D

Back